Turn on thread page Beta

Should bullied be bullied or should you just leave them alone? watch

ReputationRep:
    would u go out of your way to harass a bully and torment them

or would u just avoid them

ReputationRep:
    ignore them and let the karma to do its job.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about bullies is either they are cripplingly insecure about something, in which case attacking them is not the solution, or the person they are bullying has not learned how to socialize correctly. In which case it's better to say, "Hey, leave him/her alone, you're ruining their life here." Bullies are not evil people. Anyone is capable of becoming a bully as everyone at schooling age is insecure about something. And men subconsciously compete in every interaction. There are always people at the people at the bottom of the dominance hierarchy.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=veeraxox;76487644]would u go out of your way to harass a bully and torment them

or would u just avoid them[/QUOTE/]

Just want to make sure I'm understanding your question; Do you mean should you bully people who have bullied other people as a kind of revenge?
    or do people who are being bullied deserve to get bullied In the first place?

To answer your questions, no to both actually, I don't think anyone deserves to be bullied it's pretty horrible when it happens to you and can have some pretty serious consequences, people kill themselves because they're bullied so badly. And it's usually a pretty stupid reason why their bullied In the first place, it's actually usually because the bully feels jealousy towards the victims because they're attractive or smart, or it's because they're different somehow.

But as much as it's okay to be angry that you were bullied I don't think it's okay to then turn around and bully the bully back, it sounds cliche but it's not worth it.

Studies actually show that bully's are usually facing some difficulty in their home life which doesn't help when your being bullied by them, but it's usually the case.

Bullying in itself is something I find very interesting, I wanted to do a study on it for my uni research a few years ago, there's lots of information out there about why people feel compelled to bully others and it's ranges from needing dominance to low self esteem and the differences in the way girls bully and boys bully in school is quite interesting, of course domestic abuse is also something that can involve bullying and it happens in workplaces as well.

ReputationRep:
    Bullying the bully only makes you as bad as them. Logically it should go around in a cycle and someone should then bully you etc.

ReputationRep:
    Not bully them but defend urself. Just enough so they leave you alone. If they are bullying someone else, I say just report to a teacher or other trusted adult. If they ignore then try another adult.

(Original post by Heathco)
    The thing about bullies is either they are cripplingly insecure about something, in which case attacking them is not the solution, or the person they are bullying has not learned how to socialize correctly. In which case it's better to say, "Hey, leave him/her alone, you're ruining their life here." Bullies are not evil people. Anyone is capable of becoming a bully as everyone at schooling age is insecure about something. And men subconsciously compete in every interaction. There are always people at the people at the bottom of the dominance hierarchy.
    Some people are just massive *****.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bully anyone, but if someone's position of dominance (from athletic ability, social confidence, position within a company etc.) is getting to their head then they need to be taken down a notch. Either prove to them that they're on the same plane as everyone else or make them feel temporarily smaller than their peers (which for some, could be considered bullying).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.