Turn on thread page Beta

Theresa May is sexist for using mansplaining watch

ReputationRep:
    May said corbyn was mansplaining when he stated a fact. Women who use mansplaining are sexist it’s a sexist term I don’t understand why feminists and women continue to use it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What a let down by her. Something that a Corbyn supporter would say.

ReputationRep:
    You'd think she was a Corbyn supporter

ReputationRep:
    She was jesting.

ReputationRep:
    If a man belittled a woman’s argument like that in parliament the left would have had an uproar
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why she used the phrase to describe Jeremy Crobyn is beyond me?

She just seems to want the attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itsthe)
    May said corbyn was mansplaining when he stated a fact. Women who use mansplaining are sexist it’s a sexist term I don’t understand why feminists and women continue to use it
    I suppose it's using a lefties tactic against a lefty. In the end Corbyn can have as much support as he wants but in the end he's just a cis white male who is therefore sexist, racist and homophic and transphobic judging by the thinking of certain leftists

ReputationRep:
    But it's quite funny though how certain lefties use that to shut people down so they can believe they have a reason to just disregard what they say, and a right winger like Theresa using it. I'm interested in seeing the response to that because had somebody from Corbyn's side said it they'd be all 'yaaaaaaaas slay girl slaaaaaay yaaas' but with Theresa saying it I doubt there'll be a positive response, which is counter productive for them using that tactic because they're crapping on their own methods.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another reason for #MayOutMoggIn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    But it's quite funny though how certain lefties use that to shut people down so they can believe they have a reason to just disregard what they say, and a right winger like Theresa using it. I'm interested in seeing the response to that because had somebody from Corbyn's side said it they'd be all 'yaaaaaaaas slay girl slaaaaaay yaaas' but with Theresa saying it I doubt there'll be a positive response, which is counter productive for them using that tactic because they're crapping on their own methods.
    Preach brother

ReputationRep:
    Its not sexist. It is just rude and condescending. Doesn't matter whether it is man to woman or visa versa. It has nothing to do with feminism per se.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Its not sexist. It is just rude and condescending. Doesn't matter whether it is man to woman or visa versa. It has nothing to do with feminism per se.
    Yes it does have everything to do with feminism, it was created by feminists to belittle a mans argument when they themselves had anything to argue back

ReputationRep:
    I don’t understand why feminists continue to use it
    because they are sexist.

Nice thread by the way. I didn't know that this happened. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    I suppose it's using a lefties tactic against a lefty. In the end Corbyn can have as much support as he wants but in the end he's just a cis white male who is therefore sexist, racist and homophic and transphobic judging by the thinking of certain leftists
    It tends to come from the centre-left or liberals, not from Corbyn.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does have everything to do with feminism, it was created by feminists to belittle a mans argument when they themselves had anything to argue back
    If you say so. But why bother writing all that when you could just blow a raspberry at me?

ReputationRep:
    Good, Jeremy 'Bumlicker' Corbyn needs to have a taste of his own medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    If you say so. But why bother writing all that when you could just blow a raspberry at me?
    Feminist pig, have no substance to your argument or a counter argument so you resort to this

ReputationRep:
    It was a clever jibe since it is open to question to lecture a woman about the importance woman's rights and it would hurt Corbyn personally as he does care about treating opponents with respect. So a rare Ill judged angle, he should have asked Emily Thornbury to make the point if it needed to be made. But not to be blown out of proportion as May herself can be patronising and insulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    It was a clever jibe since it is open to question to lecture a woman about the importance woman's rights and it would hurt Corbyn personally as he does care about treating opponents with respect. So a rare Ill judged angle, he should have asked Emily Thornbury to make the point if it needed to be made. But not to be blown out of proportion as May herself can be patronising and insulting.
    there is no justifying this sexist behaviour

ReputationRep:
    there is no justifying this sexist behaviour
    Nope. No justification for this sexism whatsoever. These people are indeed hypocrites.

So what is the solution for this growing problem of misandry and feminazism in politics? How do we combat it?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.