Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What will happen if I fail my exam resit in July? watch

ReputationRep:
    I attend the University of Westminster Business School in Marylebone and am in my first (undergraduate) year studying Marketing Management. There's this one module: Buyer Behaviour, which consisted of a group presentation and an exam. For the group presentation, I got 84% and for the January exam, I got 20%. The presentation counts towards 50% of the module grade and the exam counts towards the other 50% of the module grade. What happens if I fail my July exam resit... which needs to be at least 40%?

Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveExo)
    I attend the University of Westminster Business School in Marylebone and am in my first (undergraduate) year studying Marketing Management. There's this one module: Buyer Behaviour, which consisted of a group presentation and an exam. For the group presentation, I got 84% and for the January exam, I got 20%. The presentation counts towards 50% of the module grade and the exam counts towards the other 50% of the module grade. What happens if I fail my July exam resit... which needs to be at least 40%?

Can anyone help?
    If you fail then surely you’ve failed the overall module? Unless that just means you’re capped at a low percentage and therefore your grade will be bought down to a 2;2 overall.
    If you fail a percentage part of module they may not let you continue on the course unless you apply for accentuating circumstances but obviously you’d have to have evidence and be able to appeal, which doesn’t sound like it would be likely on your case.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.