The Student Room Group

Pearson Edexcel Igcse withelding my provisional statement and certificates

I have just finished my EDEXCEL IGCSE. I got a mail from my school that they will witheld my certificates because of not attending school, I have actually discontinued from the school. I have not done any malpractices while writing my exam and also paid my exam fee. My question is, is the school allowed to withhold my certificates because of problems between me and the school.
Reply 1
Original post by Deathstar107
I have just finished my EDEXCEL IGCSE. I got a mail from my school that they will witheld my certificates because of not attending school, I have actually discontinued from the school. I have not done any malpractices while writing my exam and also paid my exam fee. My question is, is the school allowed to withhold my certificates because of problems between me and the school.

Your title was confusing - Pearson are not withholding your results but your school is.

They are specifically not allowed to withhold results for GCSEs and A levels (it's in the JCQ General Regulations) but I'm not aware of any regulations about IGCSEs.
Original post by Compost
Your title was confusing - Pearson are not withholding your results but your school is.

They are specifically not allowed to withhold results for GCSEs and A levels (it's in the JCQ General Regulations) but I'm not aware of any regulations about IGCSEs.

The JCQ regulations also apply for International GCSE'S right ??
Reply 3
Original post by Deathstar107
The JCQ regulations also apply for International GCSE'S right ??

Only in parts.

Quick Reply

Latest