Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an conditional offer to study MPlan which has an optional one year placement. I am very interested in the placement but I have some questions:

1. I think the chance is small but is it possible for me to get a 5 year Visa covering the placement year as if I will be studying a sandwich Mplan course?

2. Or, the normal way is to obtain a Visa of studying 4 years. If I am offered and accept a placement, then I return to my home country in the summer vocation and apply a new visa to cover the placement and the final years.

3. I believe the placement year is not guaranteed. Could you please provide me some figures about the numbers of placements and the students ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kittyfung)
    I got an conditional offer to study MPlan which has an optional one year placement. I am very interested in the placement but I have some questions:

1. I think the chance is small but is it possible for me to get a 5 year Visa covering the placement year as if I will be studying a sandwich Mplan course?

2. Or, the normal way is to obtain a Visa of studying 4 years. If I am offered and accept a placement, then I return to my home country in the summer vocation and apply a new visa to cover the placement and the final years.

3. I believe the placement year is not guaranteed. Could you please provide me some figures about the numbers of placements and the students ?
    Hi kittyfung,

For specific visa-related queries you can email our dedicated team directly at [email protected]. They will be best placed to advise 😊

I do believe that although placements aren't guaranteed, they are very probable with this course, but I'll double check that with the school for you and see if they have some stats to share.

Best wishes,

Susie
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kittyfung)

Hi again kittyfung,

Our team have been back in touch to advise the following regarding placements:

‘Employers not only regularly advertise placements for students on the MPlan, but often employ those students afterwards. While placements are not guaranteed, most students are able to get a placement when needed. There are no facts or figures about this as such, but you can always contact planning on [email protected] for more information.’

Best wishes,

Susie

ReputationRep:
    Hello Susie,

Thanks a lot!

Kitty

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Newcastle University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.