Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’ve an interview in Liverpool hope PGCE primary next week! I was wondering if anyone whose been through it can offer me any advice??

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I had an interview for PGCE secondary there a couple of months ago so although yours will be slightly different I think the same basic info still applies😊 Just be as calm and collected as you can, if you have to do a presentation make sure you've done your research and be prepared for them to stop you and ask you questions(that can be a bit off-putting) but honestly it's not as bad as you think😊 Check out the info on the national curriculum websites as well that's always good to read up on😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin2705)
    Hey! I had an interview for PGCE secondary there a couple of months ago so although yours will be slightly different I think the same basic info still applies😊 Just be as calm and collected as you can, if you have to do a presentation make sure you've done your research and be prepared for them to stop you and ask you questions(that can be a bit off-putting) but honestly it's not as bad as you think😊 Check out the info on the national curriculum websites as well that's always good to read up on😊

Awh thank you so much! I’m really nervous. Ive to bring an artefact with me and present it! But it doesn’t say how long for haha! That’s probably my biggest worry and the interview! Everyone says it’s very relaxing day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiWinder93)
    Awh thank you so much! I’m really nervous. Ive to bring an artefact with me and present it! But it doesn’t say how long for haha! That’s probably my biggest worry and the interview! Everyone says it’s very relaxing day!
    I had my PGCE primary interview at Hope back in January and they were so friendly and encouraging! You have nothing to worry about!
    I didn't get that email asking you to bring an artefact, so I had to wing it on the day. I ended up using my handbag which had a picture of different maps and stuff on it, so I said I could use it to explore topics relating to geography, maths, english, etc... Seriously, it only took 2 minutes (max!). It was very chilled! You're only presenting in front of 5 or 6 people anyway.
    I got an offer about a week later Hurray!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara5)
    I had my PGCE primary interview at Hope back in January and they were so friendly and encouraging! You have nothing to worry about!
    I didn't get that email asking you to bring an artefact, so I had to wing it on the day. I ended up using my handbag which had a picture of different maps and stuff on it, so I said I could use it to explore topics relating to geography, maths, english, etc... Seriously, it only took 2 minutes (max!). It was very chilled! You're only presenting in front of 5 or 6 people anyway.
    I got an offer about a week later Hurray!
    Yeah I have finished the interview and it actually was grand I can’t believe how worried I got myself! I had only 3 people in my group including myself so it was great! Well done on getting in! I’ll hopefully hear back and will be joining you :O
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Yeah I have finished the interview and it actually was grand I can’t believe how worried I got myself! I had only 3 people in my group including myself so it was great! Well done on getting in! I’ll hopefully hear back and will be joining you :O
    Hi NaomiWinder93,

We hope you're feeling a little bit more relaxed now you have had your interview and It's great to hear that your interview went well:clap2:

Its great to see Erin2705 & Lara5 sharing their experiences too. Congratulations on your interviews and receiving an offer!

If any of you have any questions or concerns at all please do give me a shout.

Ruth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
    Hi NaomiWinder93,

We hope you're feeling a little bit more relaxed now you have had your interview and It's great to hear that your interview went well:clap2:

Its great to see Erin2705 & Lara5 sharing their experiences too. Congratulations on your interviews and receiving an offer!

If any of you have any questions or concerns at all please do give me a shout.

Ruth
    Thanks my interview went well and I’m pleased that they offered me an offer the next day 😊😊 did you girls get any information on accommodation if you’s are both moving over?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks my interview went well and I’m pleased that they offered me an offer the next day 😊😊 did you girls get any information on accommodation if you’s are both moving over?
    I'm going to St Michael's. Apparently they have a flat for PGCE students
    You can apply for halls as soon as you get your student ID number.
    Can't wait to move to Liverpool! Where are you moving from?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    That's great news NaomiWinder93, congratulations!!! :congrats:
    There's a handy video on our Youtube channel for the Aigburth Campus (Where St Michael's is based, as mentioned by Lara5 ) which you might find useful.

Hope this helps

Ruth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara5)
    I'm going to St Michael's. Apparently they have a flat for PGCE students
    You can apply for halls as soon as you get your student ID number.
    Can't wait to move to Liverpool! Where are you moving from?
    Awh that’s brilliant! I’ve just confirmed the offer today so hopefully I’ll find all that out soon! I’m moving over from Northern Ireland. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Awh that’s brilliant! I’ve just confirmed the offer today so hopefully I’ll find all that out soon! I’m moving over from Northern Ireland. What about you?
    I'm coming over from Northern Ireland too! Haha! Small world!
    I'm originally from Brazil,but have been living here for the past 14 years! I'm in Co Tyrone, where abouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara5)
    I'm coming over from Northern Ireland too! Haha! Small world!
    I'm originally from Brazil,but have been living here for the past 14 years! I'm in Co Tyrone, where abouts are you from?
    Haha that’s so funny! I’m from Co.Antrim! It’s nice when you know people are coming from the same place though! that’s great! What made you move to Northern Ireland from Brazil? :O

ReputationRep:
    Haha that’s so funny! I’m from Co.Antrim! It’s nice when you know people are coming from the same place though! that’s great! What made you move to Northern Ireland from Brazil? :O
    My dad was transferred here, his boss needed someone who could speak Portuguese in the area, so our family moved...
    Are you on Facebook or something? I'm thinking of creating a group so we can all get to know one another before it all kicks off in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara5)
    My dad was transferred here, his boss needed someone who could speak Portuguese in the area, so our family moved...
    Are you on Facebook or something? I'm thinking of creating a group so we can all get to know one another before it all kicks off in September
    Yeah that sounds brilliant! Would be great to get to know people! Give me a wee add on Facebook.. Naomi Winder you’ll hopefully be able to find me
    It me and my boyfriend on my profile picture! sounds good creating a group though! X

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds brilliant! Would be great to get to know people! Give me a wee add on Facebook.. Naomi Winder you’ll hopefully be able to find me
    It me and my boyfriend on my profile picture! sounds good creating a group though! X
    Brilliant! Let me see if I can find you. My name's Fernanda Lara (just in case you think it's a random stranger asking to add you, lol)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bit of a late response😂 I'm currently finishing my undergrad in Bangor and then I'll move to Liverpool next year. I'm originally from Chester😊 I've applied for St Michael's accommodation😊

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bit of a late response😂 I'm currently finishing my undergrad in Bangor and then I'll move to Liverpool next year. I'm originally from Chester😊 I've applied for St Michael's accommodation😊
    Awh very good!! st Michaels seems like a popular place then haha! I assume that Liverpool Hope will send me out information on accomodation and all? And I have to wait until I get my student number?

ReputationRep:
    St Michael's and St Julie's are the only postgraduate accommodation I think. When you log in you are only given a choice of en suite or shared facilities, St Michael's is en-suite the accommodation service is open and you can apply for it through the University website. I didn't hear any correspondence from the uni until last week and I confirmed my place in January, you may have received your applicant ID number on your offer letter, you can use that to log in but you can create an account and apply for accommodation without it I think I think the number starts with 18 something if that's any help

ReputationRep:
    St Michael's and St Julie's are the only postgraduate accommodation I think. When you log in you are only given a choice of en suite or shared facilities, St Michael's is en-suite the accommodation service is open and you can apply for it through the University website. I didn't hear any correspondence from the uni until last week and I confirmed my place in January, you may have received your applicant ID number on your offer letter, you can use that to log in but you can create an account and apply for accommodation without it I think I think the number starts with 18 something if that's any help
    Oh really? See you don’t really hear a lot of information! I’ve been thinking about sharing or maybe going somewhere to private rent in student accomodation I’m just going through bits.. but I definitely would rather have an ensuite
    aswell I think! I haven’t received anything from the uni no emails or anything about confirming my place so I hope that’s normal haha!

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? See you don’t really hear a lot of information! I’ve been thinking about sharing or maybe going somewhere to private rent in student accomodation I’m just going through bits.. but I definitely would rather have an ensuite
    aswell I think! I haven’t received anything from the uni no emails or anything about confirming my place so I hope that’s normal haha!
    I didn't hear anything at all until the other day and then that was giving me more information on the terms of my offer. I assume they get in touch more frequently closer to the start date😊 Yeah that's fair enough, I don't have any experience with accommodation in Liverpool so unfortunately can't give you any advice on that haha😊

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.