The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

90 credits at Level 1 allow me to miss first year if I switch to brick uni from OU?

Hi! I'm new here. I'm currently a student of English Lit at the Open University, in my first year. By the end of this semester I will have completed 90 credits at Level 1. My scores are between 70% and 85% so far and I'm really enjoying it. However, im now anxious to complete my degree faster than the 4-5 years that it would take me at the OU, and my situation is such that I have no commitments and could easily move to a brick university to study. My question is: will I have to start again at brick uni and do 120 credits at Level 1 all over again? Or can my 90 credits qualify me to begin year 2 (then catch up with the 30 additional level 1 credits later)??
Reply 1
Original post by MollyErin1994
Hi! I'm new here. I'm currently a student of English Lit at the Open University, in my first year. By the end of this semester I will have completed 90 credits at Level 1. My scores are between 70% and 85% so far and I'm really enjoying it. However, im now anxious to complete my degree faster than the 4-5 years that it would take me at the OU, and my situation is such that I have no commitments and could easily move to a brick university to study. My question is: will I have to start again at brick uni and do 120 credits at Level 1 all over again? Or can my 90 credits qualify me to begin year 2 (then catch up with the 30 additional level 1 credits later)??

Hi and welcome :smile:

I've moved your post to the more relevant Open University forum. I'm sure the experts here will help :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
It is difficult to transfer due to curriculum difference and the nature of L1. Why not study L2/L3 lit with the OU at a full-time intensity and finish in 2 years?

What are you looking to do with your degree?
Original post by MollyErin1994

You have to have completed all previous credits before you can move on at 'normal' unis so I doubt they'd let you start year 2 without the full 120. It isn't very common that people can start at year 2 with 120 OU L1 credits either, often people have to start from scratch. But it doesn't hurt to ask the uni you're interested in applying to.

As mentioned, could you not start doing OU full time instead and be done in 2 years?

Quick Reply

Latest