The Student Room Group

Feel like I've really messed up

I went to a different school for sixth form, to a place that statistically is one of the best in the country and offered a wide range of courses, opportunities (such as WE, volunteering, societies, and an amazing lot of extra curricular activities). It's enrolment count, believe it or not, is about 4,000+

At the time it seemed the obvious option - stretch myself out of my comfort zone and attend this sixth form as opposed to staying at my small one at my old school. I was leaving my close friends but I thought I'd easily make new ones.

Long story short, I've realised I've messed up. 5 months in and I'm stressed and crying everyday. I miss the teaching style at my old school, the close-knit community, despite it being attached to a secondary school. And most of all I miss my friends so much - I have none at my new college.
I deeply regret an A Level option as well that I can't change and jve limited myself as to what unis I can go to.
I feel like the only reason I stayed so long at this new place was because I kept insisting it would get better and I loved the range of extra curricular stuff but every week I get more and more tearful.

I desperately want to go back ro my old sixth form but one woman we spoke to was doubtful I'd catch up, despite being one of the year group's hardest workers, so she's talking to the head of sixth, and I've been waiting all day for a phone call back from her.

I'm so stressed and overwhelmed at the new college and really want go back but I just don't think it's plausible now. Even with speakng to my tutor and counsellers im still progressively getting more stressed. What am I supposed to do?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Are you in definitely in year 12? Can you not just resit the year after this one? I understand you won’t be in the same year as your friends but will have the same teaching style again.

Quick Reply

Latest