• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jay Jako)
    What freebees can I get as a student?
    UCAS sends you free stuff if you've opted in to their marketing

Santander give you a free 4-year railcard if you open a student bank account with them

etc etc.

Spoiler:
    Show

P.S. I've amended the thread title slightly for more context :borat:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I second the Santander bank account. The railcard is really useful to me as I live a 5 hour car journey away from home, makes it cheaper to visit. You don't get many freebies but you get discounts.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    UCAS sends you free stuff if you've opted in to their marketing

Santander give you a free 4-year railcard if you open a student bank account with them

etc etc.

Spoiler:
    Show

P.S. I've amended the thread title slightly for more context :borat:

awesome thanks.

ReputationRep:
    As other people have already said, definitely go with Santander for a student account. Also my best advice is to download an app called UniDays, they give you between 10%-50% discount on clothing brands, places to eat, cinema tickets etc. and in the long run it saves you a decent amount of money. They also offer you 50% off Spotify premium and have big giveaways during holidays e.g. Christmas and Easter. Another thing that you could do is sign up for an NUS extra card and that again saves you a bit of money in different shops and food places.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by B_24)
    As other people have already said, definitely go with Santander for a student account. Also my best advice is to download an app called UniDays, they give you between 10%-50% discount on clothing brands, places to eat, cinema tickets etc. and in the long run it saves you a decent amount of money. They also offer you 50% off Spotify premium and have big giveaways during holidays e.g. Christmas and Easter. Another thing that you could do is sign up for an NUS extra card and that again saves you a bit of money in different shops and food places.
    Some places even take your standard student pass/ID instead of an NUS card too :borat:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.