The Student Room Group

Birmingham Dentistry 2018 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I didn't know we have to send off any dbs documents? I am wondering if the Hep B 5 year booster is compulsory?
Reply 21
Anyone else finding it really hard to get the Hepatitis B vaccination done? Called so many places but there's a global shortage so they won't give it to me. Now I'm getting worried that I won't get it in time..
Birmingham told me that you can indicate on the form if you were having difficulty finding the fourth dose of hep b, and therefore couldn’t get the dose. But I’m not sure if the same applies to hep b 1,2 and 3 doses too.
Original post by safzab
Anyone else finding it really hard to get the Hepatitis B vaccination done? Called so many places but there's a global shortage so they won't give it to me. Now I'm getting worried that I won't get it in time..

^^^^^ read message above ^^^
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
Has everyone done the document sending
Original post by jeev11
Has everyone done the document sending

I have
Reply 26
I’ve got my immunisations except Hep B? And I haven’t done the validated blood tests - have u?
Original post by jeev11
I’ve got my immunisations except Hep B? And I haven’t done the validated blood tests - have u?

I’ve done the blood test but I haven’t got the hep b 5 year booster
Reply 28
Original post by erinhamz
I’ve done the blood test but I haven’t got the hep b 5 year booster

my GP doesnt do it...what should i do
also have u done dbs or no
Original post by jeev11
my GP doesnt do it...what should i do
also have u done dbs or no

I’d email Birmingham and ask. I have done DBS
Reply 30
I’d email Birmingham and ask. I have done DBS

did u send ur dbs stuff to the email too
Original post by jeev11
did u send ur dbs stuff to the email too

No, you have to mail it
Reply 32
Is this for the 31st of May too
No, you have to mail it

I’m not sure, sorry
Reply 34
No, you have to mail it

hey sorry about all the questions ---- did u get any DBS documents in the post to help you carry it out? Apparently according to the website, we were meant to!
Reply 35
I emailed the occupational health team and they said they’re aware of the global shortage so if you unable to get it (or can’t afford to do it privately) then to just indicate it on the form stating you were unable to get it. Thought it would be helpful to put it here in case other people are in the same situation as me x
Reply 36
I didn't receive any DBS documents in the post? Is this after you firm and insure as I have not done this yet - one of my unis only replied a couple weeks ago, so I have the extended deadline to firm.

Anyone know why I didn't get DBS documents and what the deadline is for them?
Original post by jeev11
hey sorry about all the questions ---- did u get any DBS documents in the post to help you carry it out? Apparently according to the website, we were meant to!
it’s alright, you should get the dbs sheets by post. The deadline is probs 30th May but not sure on this and whether it is the absolute deadline.
Reply 38
SOOO who’s in UOB!!!
Reply 39
Anyone know if there's a 2018 Dentistry UOB group chat on Facebook or whatsapp?

Quick Reply

Latest