Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, could anyone provide guidance on answering the following essay style question:

Testamentary freedom is often regarded as the ‘first principle of the law of wills’. However, will-makers should not be lulled into a false sense of security; successful family provision claims can undo the terms of a validly executed will, even when the will-maker’s intentions are very clear”.

Do you agree with this statement? Discuss with reference to specific case law examples.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone that does A level law help me with the A level law textbook. I just need pictures of some pages please. I would very much appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3789550)
    Hello, could anyone provide guidance on answering the following essay style question:

Testamentary freedom is often regarded as the ‘first principle of the law of wills’. However, will-makers should not be lulled into a false sense of security; successful family provision claims can undo the terms of a validly executed will, even when the will-maker’s intentions are very clear”.

Do you agree with this statement? Discuss with reference to specific case law examples.
    Hi, I am also struggling with this question. I think I will give a brief introduction on Family Provision Act 1975 and testamentary freedom then analyse the case law under each category (so like 1 or 2 cases on spouse, cohabitees, adult children claimants etc). But I think the question is mainly asking for a critical discussion of testamentary freedom and the main focus should be on Ilot v Mitson. How did you approach the question or did you go and visit the lecturers or talk to other students about how they went about it? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.