Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone studying in Europe? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the international thing the other way around? i.e. British studying in a European country.

I've lived in Germany for ten years but I have never actually studied the language as such, just picked it up. This means I can chat away but my written German is somewhat ridiculous

I've got degrees already but I'm retraining and "just" doing an Ausbildung - it feels harder though because of the language, juggling parenting 3 kids with study and working too... The content isn't hard but the volume of written work and exams is high!

I suppose its a long shot but anyone in even a vaguely similar position? I've passed my 6 month probation but the volume of work is getting me down. I've got an essay due tomorrow which I'm only half way through but I've been at work since 6am and haven't got the stamina to stay up all night writing any more, I have a house full of kids and I'm trying to cook dinner! I feel like giving up atm!

Would dearly love someone to have grumble with! Most of the people on my course are Germans between 20 and 25 and I'm old and foreign and a bit swamped!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.