Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum area, I wasn’t sure.

So I finished secondary school in 2016 and tried to reclaim my art coursework 3 times. The first time was December 2016, only to be told that my name wasn’t on the list.

I tried again a few months later and the teacher wasn’t there. Third time I tried two weeks ago (I was in hospital the start of September and had been too busy afterwards) and today I just found out they don’t have it.

I am annoyed (and disappointed) to say the least. I only have a few pictures of what I did and most of my memories have faded. I spent three years doing it and I don’t have anything to show for it (other than a GCSE which means next to nothing for me as I have not done anything similar since).

The only definite opportunity I actually had was at the GCSE certificate presentation evening, which I hadn’t known we could collect our art coursework then until after the event, because I wasn’t told.

I understand it’s partially my fault but it’s not completely because of the fact I tried to get it.

Has anyone else had similar happen?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by StressedOut2017)
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum area, I wasn’t sure.

So I finished secondary school in 2016 and tried to reclaim my art coursework 3 times. The first time was December 2016, only to be told that my name wasn’t on the list.

I tried again a few months later and the teacher wasn’t there. Third time I tried two weeks ago (I was in hospital the start of September and had been too busy afterwards) and today I just found out they don’t have it.

I am annoyed (and disappointed) to say the least. I only have a few pictures of what I did and most of my memories have faded. I spent three years doing it and I don’t have anything to show for it (other than a GCSE which means next to nothing for me as I have not done anything similar since).

The only definite opportunity I actually had was at the GCSE certificate presentation evening, which I hadn’t known we could collect our art coursework then until after the event, because I wasn’t told.

I understand it’s partially my fault but it’s not completely because of the fact I tried to get it.

Has anyone else had similar happen?
    Make an official complaint and maybe you can help prevent it happening to anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they’re under no obligation to keep stuff after 12 months so I can’t besides, the only person that I know was responsible was my useless art teacher who pretty much ignored anyone who wasn’t getting A’s. I feel that since mine wasn’t an A, it was part of the reason why it wasn’t kept because they may have assumed I didn’t want it since I’m assuming none of my requests ever met the teacher (the most recent one was the only one that got somewhere, and he had already left).

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.