Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have just been accepted to Manchester School of Art and will be joining this September. I am moving to Manchester in August with my boyfriend, however he is not a student and therefor I cannot apply for student halls. So I am looking at renting privately or house sharing, but as I don't know Manchester, I don't know the best area's to be looking in for affordable accommodation.

I'd be very grateful for any advise.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by slt26919)
    Hello, I have just been accepted to Manchester School of Art and will be joining this September. I am moving to Manchester in August with my boyfriend, however he is not a student and therefor I cannot apply for student halls. So I am looking at renting privately or house sharing, but as I don't know Manchester, I don't know the best area's to be looking in for affordable accommodation.

I'd be very grateful for any advise.
    Hi :hello:

Thank you for your message, and congratulations on your offer!

That is correct that only full-time Manchester Metropolitan students are eligible to apply for our University accommodation. As your boyfriend will not be a student at the University, then he would not be able to live in the halls.

However if you are wishing to live together, then there will be greater availability of accommodation permitting students/non-students sharing in Manchester’s extensive private sector. We would recommend that you contact our partner housing service Manchester Student Homes to enquire further about the private sector accommodation. They can be contacted directly on 0161 275 7680 or [email protected] r.ac.uk

Manchester Student Homes are co-owned by Manchester Metropolitan University and support our students with finding suitable accommodation in the private sector. They run an accreditation scheme for local landlords, letting agencies and also private halls of residence. They offer various free services to students, including contract checking and expert advice on renting private accommodation/mediation with landlords.

Manchester Student Homes have a useful search engine on the main page of their website, which enables you to search for private student accommodation in line with your specific requirements. Many of the private options are located in similar areas to our University accommodation, on and around the campuses. Local areas that are popular for Manchester Metropolitan students include Hulme, Rusholme and Fallowfield, which are all easy to commute to and from the University by bus.

I hope that this information is useful to you and your boyfriend. If you have any further questions about our University accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact our office on [email protected] or 0161 247 2958.

You may also wish to follow this thread

Kind Regards,

Charley - Student Living Team

ReputationRep:
    Thank you 😊

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.