Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear OU,
    At the moment I'm in 5th year but I have to make my choices for my 6th year, so far I've decided on AH music, AH French and N5 Drama. I'm studying Spanish as well but I don't want to do it as an advanced higher as I just want to know the language BUT my french teacher told me about the YASS courses and I'm interessted but I don't know what to expect. I just have a few questions...What level of Spanish would it be? How long would it take to pass? And is it all online?
    Thanks for reading,
    kind regards,
    Phoebe
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by WisemanPhoebe)
    Dear OU,
    At the moment I'm in 5th year but I have to make my choices for my 6th year, so far I've decided on AH music, AH French and N5 Drama. I'm studying Spanish as well but I don't want to do it as an advanced higher as I just want to know the language BUT my french teacher told me about the YASS courses and I'm interessted but I don't know what to expect. I just have a few questions...What level of Spanish would it be? How long would it take to pass? And is it all online?
    Thanks for reading,
    kind regards,
    Phoebe
    I'm unfamiliar with YASS, but I've had a look at the modules being offered, and they are indeed just normal OU modules that OU students take - there's lots of information about each module on the Open University website (look here: http://www.open.ac.uk/scotland/study...at-can-i-study). The L116 'Spanish studies 1' module is designed for people who are in the second year of a four-year Language Studies degree, it is roughly equivalent to B1 level of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for languages (or AS level, or whatever the Scottish equivalent is). Yes, it is all online and the module runs from October to June. There is a Facebook group for this module, it you are interested in talking to current students then I suggest you join it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! That helped a lot, I'll just go check out the link now!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.