Turn on thread page Beta

Year 11 Summer Holiday - what did you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'll be doing my GCSEs this summer and then will have the longest summer I've ever had!!! Problems is I don't want to just waste it watching TV and doing nothing much, I don't have lots of friends to hang out with day in day out but I definitely want to do some fun things. Just wondering, what did anyone else do with this summer/ is planning to do? thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    I worked at the local veterinary practice over the summer, it was great for work experience and to earn money.

ReputationRep:
    I went back to watching Naruto and finishing my other animes
    Spoiler:
    Show

When I wasn't doing that, I was stressing over my results to the point where my mum became more depressed over Results Day than I was :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing GCSEs this year and I'm planning to do the NCS programme which takes up a lot of time lol. I'm also going out on day trips with friends and doing loads of organising and clearing/cleaning.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Please take a break as well as do stuff, trust me depending on your A levels you may not get much rest in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_solemnly_swear)
    I'm doing GCSEs this year and I'm planning to do the NCS programme which takes up a lot of time lol. I'm also going out on day trips with friends and doing loads of organising and clearing/cleaning.
    I'm thinking of doing NCS too, maybe it is a great idea. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so5tired758)
    Hi, I'll be doing my GCSEs this summer and then will have the longest summer I've ever had!!! Problems is I don't want to just waste it watching TV and doing nothing much, I don't have lots of friends to hang out with day in day out but I definitely want to do some fun things. Just wondering, what did anyone else do with this summer/ is planning to do? thanks xx
    If you are going to uni and have a career in mind, get any small work experience placements just so it shows you have a clear interest, start applying now!

Did my GCSEs last year. My last exam was further maths on a Monday naturally, finishing later than the rest of the year was pretty annoying, seeing others free and happy while I was stuck revising over the weekend. The first week I slept. A lot. I would always revise from 3pm-9pm then wake up at 3am and revise until 6am then get ready for school to do the exam (don’t make the same mistake I did by revising the night before/on the day of the exam) so sleep was a blessing. I didn’t do any work experience/placements but I highly recommend doing something to get you started for personal statements (still seems daunting to me)
    I watched anime, went out to eat, did a lot of shopping, finally got a haircut and went out with family to different places in the country. I also went to Japan, which was nice.
    Threw out all the flashcards, posters and past paper questions I did and donated my revision guides that I never got around to using.
    Honest advice? Just take a break. You’re free from studying, do all the things you didn’t get to do during the lead up to exams.

I took the time to make myself become a better person. I got into reading, drawing, football and self-studying. I truly worked super hard on myself because I didn't want to just sit around wasting my time. The discipline I gained from doing this has helped me in my A-levels, so I'd recommend taking the huge amount of free time you'll have to work on yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Just have fun ! Personally I didn’t know what to do either so i would just meet up with my friends and I started going to the gym everyday honestly the summer went by so quickly pls enjoy it whilst you can because a levels are STRESS

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm in year 13 now, boy do I envy you It was pretty good!

- Walked to my best friends house like every day to get an ice lolly and just chill
    - Stayed over with my buddies a lot, made pancakes at 1am, the whole shebang
    - Went into London a few times to explore and try new stuff/food/etc

But the best thing totally was;
    - Got an air bnb with my buddies in Broadstairs for a week! It was lots of fun! If you can get away for a bit it might be great for your independence!

Have a great time, you'll deserve it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.