Turn on thread page Beta

VB1344 - Empire Bill 2018 watch

• View Poll Results: Should this bill be passed into law?
    As many as are of that opinion, Aye
    18.18%
    On the contrary, No
    77.27%
    Abstain
    4.55%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    B1344 - Empire Bill 2018, Vitiate MP, Seconded by CountBrandenburg (LIBER), Connor27 (IND), Tommy1boy (LIB), mr t 999 (NATCON), TCFactor (LIB)

A
    BILL
    TO
    Form the Empire and to truly make Great Britain into a global Britain.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

1: Establishment of the British Empire
    (1) From this point on, and forevermore, the United Kingdom shall be known as the Empire.
    (2) This Empire shall envelope the world, no country is free from Imperial rule.
    (3) Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II shall henceforth be known as Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (4) The heir presumptive shall be known as the Crown Prince until ascension.
    (5) The Office of Prime Minister shall be transformed into the Office of the Grand Vizier.
    (6) The Cabinet of the United Kingdom shall be transformed into the Imperial Ruling Council.
    (7)The Special Intelligence Service, the Security Service and the Government
    (8) Communications Headquarters shall be combined into one branch of Imperial Intelligence.
    (a) No person of Imperial Intelligence may go on strike.
    (b) Imperial Intelligence has the right and obligation to put every citizen of the Empire under surveillance to ensure that there no traitors within the Empire.
    (9) Tariffs will be abolished in the Empire as long as more than 50% of the population sings Rule Britannia every evening at 6pm.
    (10) Executions are permitted to take place if any citizen is not seen singing enthusiastically.
    (11) There is to be a framed painting or picture of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth in their houses.
    (a) Failure to hold a framed painting or picture is punishable by death.
    (12) The Commission for the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR) shall be set up in order to preserve the Imperial ideology and to further the goals of the Empire.
    (a) COMPNOR shall be made up of the following bodies:
    (i) The Select Committee; and
    (ii) Loyalty Officers; and,
    (iii) The Coalition for Progress; and,
    (iv) COMPFORCE.
    (13) London, from henceforth and forevermore, shall be known as the Imperial Center.
    (14) The Moff Council shall be formed to govern all parts of the Empire in place of the Imperial Senate.
    (a) Each country shall have a Moff preside over it.
    (b) Each continent shall have a Grand Moff over it.
    (i) Grand Moffs shall be appointed only by Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth and report directly to her.
    (15) The Great British Pound shall be renamed to the Imperial Credit ()
    (16) The day that this Act come into force shall be known forevermore as Empire Day.
    (17) Political opposition to the Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth or the Grand Vizier is illegal and punishable by death.
    (19) The palaces of Her Imperial Majesty shall be only temporary residences until the completion of the Imperial Palace at the center of the Imperial Center.

2: The Imperial Throne
    (1) The Imperial Throne is made up of the following persons:
    (a) Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth; and,
    (b) His/Her Excellency, the Grand Vizier; and,
    (c) The Imperial Guard; and,
    (d) The Crown Prince.
    (2) Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth has unlimited power over the Empire and may make or unmake any law that she so desires without the consent of the Imperial Senate.
    (3) Upon the death of the Monarch, the Crown Prince/Princess will assume the throne immediately.

3: Establishment of the Imperial Guard
    (1) The Imperial Guard shall be made up of the following bodies:
    (a) The Imperial Royal Guard; and,
    (b) The Imperial Shadow Guard; and,
    (c) The Imperial Sovereign Protectors.
    (2) Each body's job is to ensure the protection of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (3) The Guardsman shall be kidnapped at birth to be trained throughout their life to ensure complete and unwavering loyalty to Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (4) The Imperial Guard are immune from all Imperial Law and may kill anyone with permission of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth

4: Dissolution and Reformation of Parliament
    (1)mThe Houses of Parliament shall be dissolved permanently and sole legislative authority shall be vested in an Imperial Senate.
    (2) Members of the Imperial Senate shall be appointed by the Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth on the advice of the Grand Vizier.
    (3) Laws, motions and must be passed by the Imperial Senate b
    (4) However, laws may be passed by Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth may make or unmake any law that she desires to do so without the consent of the Imperial Senate.

5: The Imperial Military
    (1) The British Armed Forces shall be known as the Imperial Military.
    (a) The Imperial Military shall be made up of the following bodies:
    (i) The Imperial Army; and,
    (ii) The Imperial Navy; and,
    (iii) The Imperial Air Force; and,
    (iv) The Imperial Defence Force.
    (2) Military spending shall account for 20% of the Empire's gross domestic products which shall be levied from the outer fringes of the Empire.
    (3) TRIDENT shall be expanded to not just include defensive weapons but also offensive weapons.

6: The World
    (1) The World shall submit to Imperial rule unconditionally or shall be subject to the might of the Imperial Military.
    (a) Any resistance shall be subject to harsh and quick punishment.

7: Civil Liberties
    (1) All civil liberties are suspended and all citizens are alive by the grace of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (a) In the event of the this Act being repealed, the Imperial Military shall be instructed by the reigning Monarch to destroy the entire world by use of TRIDENT.

8: The Imperial Healthcare Service
    (1) All healthcare shall be privately provided except in times of emergency which is to be determined by the Imperial Healthcare Service in which healthcare will be provided by the state.

9: Imperial Education Service
    (1) The education of the Empire's children shall be the responsibility of the Imperial Education Service
    (2) Children of the Empire must be taught to embody the Imperial values of loyalty to the Empress, the Empire and the advancement of the goals of the Empire.

10: Repercussions of Opposition
    (1) Any Member of Parliament that refuses to vote in favour of this Act shall be placed on a (a) Imperial prison barge for an indefinite amount of time for purposes of advanced interrogation.

11: Forced Labour and Capital Punishment
    (1) Forced Labour will be a valid sentence for any person convicted of committing an offence within the Empire.
    (2) The Judge must say that the defendant will be convicted to a certain of amount of years of forced slave labour.
    (3) Prisoners currently imprisoned at the time of the this Act coming into force may be chosen for forced slave labour.
    (4) Capital punishment will be a valid sentence for any person convicted of committing an offence within the Empire.

11: Commencement, Extent and Short Title
    (1) This Act shall come into force upon Royal Assent.
    (2) This Act shall extend to the the entire World.
    (3) This Act shall be known as the British Empire (Reformation) Bill 2018.

Posted by bot. Report errors to DayneD89
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    DayneD89 - no poll...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ns_2)
    DayneD89 - no poll...
    It was done using a bot. Dayne hasn't got around to making it do polls yet.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JellyMilk)
    It was done using a bot. Dayne hasn't got around to making it do polls yet.
    I am aware, and supportive of the Speaker's automation of procedures. We live in a technological age whereby automation ought to be used to augment, where possible, productivity.

I was simply reminding the Speaker...
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Joke bills still shouldn't go to vote....

ReputationRep:
    Citizens of the civilised galaxy, on this day we mark a transition. For a thousand years, the Republic stood as the crowning achievement of civilised beings. But there were those who would set us against one another, and we took up arms to defend our way of life against the Separatists. In so doing, we never suspected that the greatest threat came from within.

The Jedi, and some within our own Senate, had conspired to create the shadow of Separatism using one of their own as the enemy's leader. They had hoped to grind the Republic into ruin. But the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. At last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures.

The Jedi hoped to unleash their destructive power against the Republic by assassinating the head of government and usurping control of the clone army. But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. Our loyal clone troopers contained the insurrection within the Jedi Temple and quelled uprisings on a thousand worlds.

The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated! Any collaborators will suffer the same fate. These have been trying times, but we have passed the test. The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger. The war is over. The Separatists have been defeated, and the Jedi rebellion has been foiled. We stand on the threshold of a new beginning. In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganised into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last for ten thousand years. An Empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body and a sovereign ruler chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the majority, ruled by a new constitution!

By bringing the entire galaxy under one law, one language, and the enlightened guidance of one individual, the corruption that plagued the Republic in its later years will never take root. Regional governors will eliminate the bureaucracy that allowed the Separatist movement to grow unchecked. A strong and growing military will ensure the rule of law.

Under the Empire's New Order, our most cherished beliefs will be safeguarded. We will defend our ideals by force of arms. We will give no ground to our enemies and will stand together against attacks from within or without. Let the enemies of the Empire take heed: those who challenge Imperial resolve will be crushed.

We have taken on a task that will be difficult, but the people of the Empire are ready for the challenge. Because of our efforts, the galaxy has traded war for peace and anarchy for stability. Billions of beings now look forward to a secure future. The Empire will grow as more planetsfeel the call, from the Rim to the wilds of unknown space.

Imperial citizens must do their part. Join our grand star fleet. Become the eyes of the Empire by reporting suspected insurrectionists. Travel to the corners of the galaxy to spread the principles of the New Order to barbarians. Build monuments and technical wonders that will speak of our glory for generations to come.
    The clone troopers, now proudly wearing the name of Imperial stormtroopers, have tackled the dangerous work of fighting our enemies on the front lines. Many have died in their devotion to the Empire. Imperial citizens would do well to remember their example.

The New Order of peace has triumphed over the shadowy secrecy of shameful magicians. The direction of our course is clear. I will lead the Empire to glories beyond imagining.

We have been tested, but we have emerged stronger. We move forward as one people: the Imperial citizens of the first Galactic Empire. We will prevail. Ten thousand years of peace begins today.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Sadly, I think the Tea and Cereal Terrorism Bill 2018 set a dangerous precedent.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ns_2)
    Sadly, I think the Tea and Cereal Terrorism Bill 2018 set a dangerous precedent.
    Perhaps, but bill authors should take it upon themselves to let their bills expire rather than send them to vote
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Perhaps, but bill authors should take it upon themselves to let their bills expire rather than send them to vote
    Iirc previous joke bills have indeed gone to vote, so tea and cereal not setting precedent

ReputationRep:
    Aye!

ReputationRep:
    DayneD89 Please stop sending joke bills to vote, just flat out reject the proposer next time.

ReputationRep:
    I joined this house to vote for serious matters. Not joke bills like this and the tea and cereal one. It’s a no from me.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    God Save Her Imperial Majesty! An aye on this ( might as well humour the house)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Tbh I think the speaker refusing to put bills to vote is a bad precedent. I don't like joke bills going to vote personally, but it doesn't really do any harm and i think not sending bills to vote should be self-policed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I see another joke bill actually made it to division. It’s a nay from me.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :ottid:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Tbh I think the speaker refusing to put bills to vote is a bad precedent. I don't like joke bills going to vote personally, but it doesn't really do any harm and i think not sending bills to vote should be self-policed.
    I understand this, but you shouldn't even be put into the position where you need to make a decision because authors shouldn't be sending their joke bills to vote at all.

Perhaps if they were labelled as joke bills and then people voted based on how funny the bill was instead of actually making it legislation along with serious bills
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I understand this, but you shouldn't even be put into the position where you need to make a decision because authors shouldn't be sending their joke bills to vote at all.

Perhaps if they were labelled as joke bills and then people voted based on how funny the bill was instead of actually making it legislation along with serious bills
    That would just lead to joke bills such as tonights joke bill being submitted as real bills for added humour. If it was up to the speaker we return to the same problem.

As you say, the ideal if for a self-policing policy where people don't send these to vote, but in the meantime I suggest just voting against them and reminding the submitter that there is an unwritten rule against doing so.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    That would just lead to joke bills such as tonights joke bill being submitted as real bills for added humour. If it was up to the speaker we return to the same problem.

As you say, the ideal if for a self-policing policy where people don't send these to vote, but in the meantime I suggest just voting against them and reminding the submitter that there is an unwritten rule against doing so.
    You're right, I suppose.

Will do
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Came to post exactly this.

Indeed they should – I'm of the opinion that a speaker should only refuse to send a bill to vote if it somehow contravenes the rules. The onus is on the user to make their point and then let their joke bill expire quietly.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.