username3831430
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im considering psychology as my 3rd subject (with bio and chem) but I am worried that it is an essay subject, is this right for the new course?
Lily048
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by izzylea)
Im considering psychology as my 3rd subject (with bio and chem) but I am worried that it is an essay subject, is this right for the new course?
In my psychology a level we studied biological and chemical interactions in the brain, nervous system, heart and digestive system (eating disorders) but it was an essay based exam. We have I think 6 questions, 3 were large essays and 3 were minor questions on specific module topics (the essay questions I believe we could choose which we answered but I may be wrong).
munchm_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I believe it is an essay based course, yes. Don't let that put you off though. You'll get used to it after a while. If you're planning on going to university, then it can be incredibly important to retain your analytical and written skills, and essay based A-levels will help with that. Not to mention, it's still 3 sciences.
HHJ11
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I currently do Psychology A Level and the exams will contain 16 mark questions (essay questions), along with 6 markers also.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes it is an essay based subject. The highest mark question we had was 20 markers. I did OCR.
CecileColes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do all those subjects and the essays are there however they are not too bad (I’m predicated a B/A grade at A level with only a B and C in English at gcse) as with practice you get loads better ( they are usually 12/16 markers) it is not all essays but the essay writing will help you for the 25 mark essay on paper 3 biology so well worth taking if you think you’ll enjoy it, honestly I think those are a great combination and open many doors as university 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads