Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in year 11 and I'm struggling to start revising

My parents are going through a divorce at the moment and I am finding it hard to put it out of my mind so any tips would be appreciated.

Also, I have seen that quite a few people are worried about not having started revising yet, for those who have started can you give some tips on how to be motivated?

Does anyone also have any tips to get focused and go into revision mode easily because I get distracted really easily by the simplest of things

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Most people seem to get distracted by technology, such as their mobile phones, games consoles and TV's if this is the sort of thing that distracts you, you need to be strict with yourself and leave them in another room so you can't be tempted by them.
    I would really recommend that you start revising now so you don't leave it til last minute and get stressed out, I know it's hard to get motivated but just remember these exams are just around the corner and then after they're finished you can do whatever you want
    Best of Luck to you

ReputationRep:
    I actually find some technology can be more engaging. I use the forest app on my phone to stop me using that, but then I use Seneca Learning for quite a lot of my revision and youtubers also massively help me. I just make sure I'm super disciplined using these platforms and have no other tabs open etc.
    I also find revision timetables both focus me and motivate me. They mean you feel like you have to achieve a certain thing in that block of time and so distractions are less common as you know what you have to be doing. I try and organise mine so that I'm doing lots of little chunks of revision with short breaks between (the forest app is also good for this, as you can put it on for 45 mins, and then have a 5 min break and use your phone). I also switch between subjects a lot rather than spending one day on one subject, as then you lose focus and get bored by the end of the day. And also I find you remember less because it blurs into one.
    Good luck!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.