Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finorin00)
    When there was heavy snow last week, i had a 6 hour shift at work which i showed up to, I got sent home after 3 hours because customers werent coming in because of the snow, i got paid for 3 hours of work, but seeing as I showed up and commited to do 6 shouldnt i get paid for 6?
    I don't know but I think that if you decided to go home then you should only be paid for the 3 hours you did, however, if you were sent home then you should be paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    In no way am I saying that. I'm saying that yes, you have contracted hours and yes, you should work them every week but sometimes things happen that mean you can't do it, and you need to be flexible and adaptable to change. Just because something was agreed doesn't mean that it won't ever change.
    you are in every way saying that, if it was the other way around and i did 1 hours of work and got bored and went home whcih is allowed under a zero hour contract i would be the people would blame, if they want to change it they have to make sure they meet all of their prior obligations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    I don't know but I think that if you decided to go home then you should only be paid for the 3 hours you did, however, if you were sent home then you should be paid.
    I agree with that, thats how it should be, i was sent home though

ReputationRep:
    I agree with that, thats how it should be, i was sent home though
    I think you should be paid then? Have you spoken to them?

ReputationRep:
    i spoke to my manager and hes saying i shouldnt get paid so im making a complaint to his boss

ReputationRep:
    i spoke to my manager and hes saying i shouldnt get paid so im making a complaint to his boss
    Let me know if you have any difficulties and would like any help. As the Company made the decision to close the store, you should be entitled to payment and that’s the end of it. It’s a breach of contract and/or an unlawful deduction of wages if they don’t pay it. Have you worked there for more than 2 years?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    lets say your and employee who is on a 40 hour contract, and you miss 16 hours of work over two days because of a case like mine, should you then have to work 56 hours the next week just because of bad planning by the management
    It may be spread out over 2 weeks but given you missed 3 hours and not 16 then you could do that the following week.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    It may be spread out over 2 weeks but given you missed 3 hours and not 16 then you could do that the following week.
    Yeah but i dont have to and dont want to, they need to stick to what was agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SendRejectRepeat)
    Let me know if you have any difficulties and would like any help. As the Company made the decision to close the store, you should be entitled to payment and that’s the end of it. It’s a breach of contract and/or an unlawful deduction of wages if they don’t pay it. Have you worked there for more than 2 years?
    Thanks very much, but tbh this argument is only over £25 im just bringing it up cause its principal that matters, i havent worked more than 2 years

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.