Turn on thread page Beta

Could someone tell me my options? watch

Announcements

Hello. My GCSE exams start in a couple of weeks but owing to the fact that I stopped going to school
    midway through Year 11, I know my results will be horrible. The reason I stopped going was because I
    had all my friends turn against me, including my best one who I still like very much, but then I
    won't waste your time with that sob story.

Before I stopped going to lessons I was on my way to getting A-C grades in every subject. From the
    mock exams we did in Year 10 I got 3 A's, then mostly B's and some C's. Now I will be lucky to walk
    away with 2 A-C GCSE's in the coming exams because of my attendance and because I've been entered
    for the lower papers where the maximum you can get is a D.

Could someone please explain my options, if any, about retaking all GCSE's? Is it possible to go to
    a place where you can catch up on what you missed in Year 11, or can you only resit the exam without
    taking any lessons? Are you allowed to do/redo/improve your coursework that you failed to do
    properly or at all in Year 11?

I was hoping to do some A levels after my GCSE's but I think that's out of the question now, unless
    I can find some way of getting the grades I was going to get before I messed up in year 11.

Thanks for your time and any help.

Yes you do have a chance to retake and it will take some time to catch up. I left school with a
    pathetic exam result, got a job and took day release to catch up on the exams which interested me.
    You can also go to the careers teacher at school and talk about this. You can look at GNVQ as well.
    Lots of people do as you did and catch up later.

What to do about your friends is another matter...make new friends perhaps.

On Sat, 4 May 2002 22:04:54 +0100, "A Person" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Hello. My GCSE exams start in a couple of weeks but owing to the fact that I stopped going to[/q1]
    [q1]>school midway through Year 11, I know my results will be horrible. The reason I stopped going was[/q1]
    [q1]>because I had all my friends turn against me, including my best one who I still like very much, but[/q1]
    [q1]>then I won't waste your time with that sob story. [/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Before I stopped going to lessons I was on my way to getting A-C grades in every subject. From the[/q1]
    [q1]>mock exams we did in Year 10 I got 3 A's, then mostly B's and some C's. Now I will be lucky to walk[/q1]
    [q1]>away with 2 A-C GCSE's in the coming exams because of my attendance and because I've been entered[/q1]
    [q1]>for the lower papers where the maximum you can get is a D.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Could someone please explain my options, if any, about retaking all GCSE's? Is it possible to go to[/q1]
    [q1]>a place where you can catch up on what you missed in Year 11, or can you only resit the exam[/q1]
    [q1]>without taking any lessons? Are you allowed to do/redo/improve your coursework that you failed to[/q1]
    [q1]>do properly or at all in Year 11?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>I was hoping to do some A levels after my GCSE's but I think that's out of the question now, unless[/q1]
    [q1]>I can find some way of getting the grades I was going to get before I messed up in year 11.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Thanks for your time and any help.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

**** http://user1951.tripod.com ****
    Information about films,
    Jack London, Lara Croft
    Shakespeare and ICT program of study
    last updated 24 04 2002

"A Person" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Hello. My GCSE exams start in a couple of weeks but owing to the fact that[/q1]
    I
    [q1]> stopped going to school midway through Year 11, I know my results will be horrible. The reason I[/q1]
    [q1]> stopped going was because I had all my friends turn against me, including my best one who I still[/q1]
    [q1]> like very much, but then I won't waste your time with that sob story. [/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]><snip>[/q1]
    Hello, Is there any prospect of your parents asking the school to put in some form of letter to the
    exam board explaining that you were off school due to stress so that this could be taken into
    account by the board? If you needed to see your doctor during your absence perhaps he/she would also
    be prepared to write a letter for the exam board explaining the effect that bullying has had on your
    health and schoolwork. You could always consider going on to college instead of staying at school to
    do A-levels. Colleges have a wide range of courses apart from A-levels or perhaps you would be able
    to retake some of your GCSEs there which would take you out of the unpleasant situation you're in at
    school. The best situation would be for the school to end the bullying if you want to stay on there
    next year. If I can help with that please let me know. Liz Carnell Bullying Online
    www.bullying.co.uk

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.