Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you study for biology, I'm trying so hard to study biology but every time we have assessment I always get 30% and I failed the Prelim... got 30% I think I'm cursed, but I don't know how to answer biology question properly like I know what I want to say but that's not what I write

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing GCSEs or A-Levels? If its one of these two then you have to look at the mark schemes for past papers and specimen papers. The questions are often very vague, i struggled with them too and never knew if what I'm writing is what they're looking for, even if everything I wrote was technically correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheisun1998)
    Are you doing GCSEs or A-Levels? If its one of these two then you have to look at the mark schemes for past papers and specimen papers. The questions are often very vague, i struggled with them too and never knew if what I'm writing is what they're looking for, even if everything I wrote was technically correct.
    I'm doing A level

ReputationRep:
    find the specification and take notes off of that as your exam will include all of that content. then begin to do practice questions using to notes you created then go and do a practice paper whilst not looking at your notes and if you dont know certain questions, go and revise over the topics you struggled to get over 50% on. hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.salihxo)
    I'm doing A level
    Like I said then, past/specimen papers. I found learning how to answer questions from mark schemes the best way to do well in an exam. I spent months learning all the content only to get a B in the final exams just because the mark schemes are way too specific.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.