Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you play on console or pc and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    Also mention if you would try another plaform and if you have multipe compare

ReputationRep:
    i currently play on PC because i can research. as well on the computer and the graphics are bwtter+framerate. i would love to have a PS4 again because of the amazing exclusives they have/upcoming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadasdasfsfafg)
    i currently play on pc because i can research. As well on the computer and the graphics are bwtter+framerate. I would love to have a ps4 again because of the amazing exclusives they have/upcoming
    pcmr ftw

ReputationRep:
    I do both because I'm greedy and want all the games. PC technically has "better graphics +fps" if you can be bothered to shell out the slightly higher one time cost to get such a machine, but mainly PC just has so many cool exclusive games that just wouldn't work on a console.

Meanwhile consoles are just easier to set up and use. You can throw it up on a big telly without much fiddling, the console directs you very well on where to buy games for download whereas on PC you'll have to download something like steam or, dare I say it, origin. Consoles get some good exclusives as well. The PS4 ones coming out recently are looking very spicy. Shame I have an Xbox One, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I do both because I'm greedy and want all the games. PC technically has "better graphics +fps" if you can be bothered to shell out the slightly higher one time cost to get such a machine, but mainly PC just has so many cool exclusive games that just wouldn't work on a console.

Meanwhile consoles are just easier to set up and use. You can throw it up on a big telly without much fiddling, the console directs you very well on where to buy games for download whereas on PC you'll have to download something like steam or, dare I say it, origin. Consoles get some good exclusives as well. The PS4 ones coming out recently are looking very spicy. Shame I have an Xbox One, really.
    Yes, very good summary, not all pc's are expensive, mine for example i stole some stuff and got stuff really cheap, its about looking for them deals.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PC for games I'm serious about when I have the choice between PC and console. But I have a PS4 for a bunch of console only games, mostly Japanese import stuff. And there are a bunch of fun games on portable consoles and mobile phones as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    PC for games I'm serious about when I have the choice between PC and console. But I have a PS4 for a bunch of console only games, mostly Japanese import stuff. And there are a bunch of fun games on portable consoles and mobile phones as well.
    Yh, maybe ill get a ps4 when im a billionaire lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juvilation)
    Yes, very good summary, not all pc's are expensive, mine for example i stole some stuff and got stuff really cheap, its about looking for them deals.
    Yeah issue with shopping around for PC parts is you've then gotta build the damn thing and that's just effort innit. I use a relatively expensive "gaming" laptop atm that runs the stuff I really wanna play well enough for the mo. Might go all out on a proper desktop setup over the summer when I've got time to work out what stuff I actually need and learn how to put it together.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah issue with shopping around for PC parts is you've then gotta build the damn thing and that's just effort innit. I use a relatively expensive "gaming" laptop atm that runs the stuff I really wanna play well enough for the mo. Might go all out on a proper desktop setup over the summer when I've got time to work out what stuff I actually need and learn how to put it together.
    ewwwwwww laptop, yh you can easilly learn how to build a pc, just go onto youtube to search build guides, there are millions, even ones in spanish xD
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Console. Just what I'm used to. And fewer buttons is less confusing
    Do play the odd PC game though and would consider PC games with a console controller, especially with PC having a bigger variety of games. For now though that's just something I'm baring in mind. I'm not exactly a huge gamer- tend to just stick to one game at a time.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Console. Just what I'm used to. And fewer buttons is less confusing
    Do play the odd PC game though and would consider PC games with a console controller, especially with PC having a bigger variety of games. For now though that's just something I'm baring in mind. I'm not exactly a huge gamer- tend to just stick to one game at a time.

How about you?
    PC, Was on xbox 360 like a year and a half ago but everyone went to ps4 and i was interested in playing CSGO so I went to that, and I understand using a mouse and keyboard might be more daunting for learning new control schemes especially for games with really crap ones but you can get used to it rather quickly.

ReputationRep:

what's your gamertag

ReputationRep:
    Always console. I have no interest in PC gaming.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    PC because I don't have a console.

Moved to Gaming.

ReputationRep:
    PC because it is absolutely better in almost every way.

I own a PS4 which I don't play games on, normally use it for Netflix and YouTube when I can' be arsed to move from my bed to the desk.

I also play FIFA on it when friends come round because every sports game I have played on PC has been a terrible, half arsed port that I' not going to pay any significant amount of money for...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Both. I need to play all the exclusives.

Pc is better for the most part, but demon's souls ans bloodborne are on console, although im aware that the latter now has an emulator.

I like the ps4 a lot.

My xbox one was used for Halo and pretty much gathers dust.

Getting a switch in 3 months for breath of the wild and portable dark souls remastered.

No point restricting myself to one platform.

ReputationRep:
    PC all the way, it is just so much better for controls and can be upgraded easily.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I have never owned a pc so don’t know what it’s like to play games on it. Have only used consoles till now and I currently own a ps4. Playing games in the couch in front of the tv is definitely a huge plus, not to mention the exclusives like horizon and uncharted. Also the ps4 is much cheaper than building a decent gaming pc that should also function as a computer.

ReputationRep:
    PC because i can pirate games. Also can play them on better graphics and higher framerates so why not. I own both and only really play on my PS4 if one of my friends want to play gta or when a ps4 exclusive title is released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Are these acquired from the PlayStation Store? If so, are they free of charge?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 17, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.