Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    Are these acquired from the PlayStation Store? If so, are they free of charge?
    They can be, although many times there's a physical release as well. No, not free of charge, they still cost the same as regular games. When I said imports, I mean official imports that are licensed and translated (usually Japanese audio with English subs), not simply buying the Japanese version of the game. Although I'm aware that can be done as well. There's a ton of exclusive stuff that sometimes makes it to PC but usually is PS4 exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Always console. I have no interest in PC gaming.
    Fair Enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04mr17)
    pc because i don't have a console.

moved to gaming.
    pcmr ftw

ReputationRep:
    I play on PC because I can switch to internet surfing anytime. Sitting in front of the TV is just boring for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucke1992)
    I play on PC because I can switch to internet surfing anytime. Sitting in front of the TV is just boring for me.
    Yh

ReputationRep:
    I near exclusively play on console. The one exception being The Sims 4.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I bought a ps4 a few years ago. After all these years I haven't managed to buy a single game CD and I prefer playing on pc.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Currently play on console because it's just so much easier to hop in and out of a game whilst doing things on TSR and MSc work. I'd much prefer to game on a PC though and I have quite the steam library built up to PC game when I have the time

ReputationRep:
    console because all my friends are there, i cant play on pc because i only have a toshitba laptop core i3. My first ever game was on pc counter strike 1.6 uhhh the good old days. But after then i played and got used to the PlayStation controller and console.
    (Original post by Juvilation)
    Also mention if you would try another plaform and if you have multipe compare
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    PCMR because it's objectively better and isn't harmful to the consumers through platform exclusivity like consoles are

ReputationRep:
    Both. I usually get games on Steam for PC, usually like platformers or things like Skyrim and ARK.
    However, I like console a lot as well.. I prefer shooters on there or "games that fit better on console", e.g. Monster Hunter World or Warframe. Sad thing is that not all games are on XB1 though.. Should get a PS someday :'D

ReputationRep:
    PC for everything but console exclusives.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Consoles - the games available are just better imo. I can also play from the comfort of my bed, whereas I'd have to be sitting up all the time when playing PC games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinbunny123)
    console because all my friends are there, i cant play on pc because i only have a toshitba laptop core i3. My first ever game was on pc counter strike 1.6 uhhh the good old days. But after then i played and got used to the PlayStation controller and console.
    Fair enough, you should always just go with the platform your friends are on, on pc its easier to make friends in my experience at least

ReputationRep:
    I HAD both PC and PS4

Sold the PC for a thrust master steering wheel aha.
    My reasons are:
    (Note:I had an amd fx-8350 and gtx 1060 build and I could generally play 1080p with a strong frame rate, often 60+fps. )

-The PC community is too serious and way to toxic. Popular game? Toxic. Good game? Toxic.
    -Racing games were horrible and dead. Like hardly anyone online. Well except Euro truck simulator, which actually was quite enjoyable but to bad....
    -I have no friends. Yeahhh I reckon this pushed me away from PC a lot. I had about 20+ friends on Steam, but they were the weird people in my year that plays games like League of Legends, DOTA, and stuff. Super antisocial and didn't really want to carry on a convo when I popped up, so I just deleted them.
    -CSGO. Good lord, this was a game I really wanted to play before I realised the PC community ****ed it up completely, plus the devs have crap Anti-cheat. Oh and it was another game that needed friends to form squads for competitive, but I guess i learnt new words such as Cyka and Ruski.

I couldn't care less about graphics at all. 4k means nothing to me; I still have a PS2 and before revising for GCSE's I was playing Spyro: A heroes tail. **** me what a game.

Anyways, PS4 was where most my closest friends were, we had common favourite games, they were really fun. Sadly, they were pretty bad, but this just made everything so funny, especially GTA V and heists omgggg the hours pumped into that. Plus matchmaking was quick, and there was actually a solid amount of people playing each game. Racing games were actually alive. Exclusives were too good. Ok I have written too much and need to revise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    I HAD both PC and PS4

Sold the PC for a thrust master steering wheel aha.
    My reasons are:
    (Note:I had an amd fx-8350 and gtx 1060 build and I could generally play 1080p with a strong frame rate, often 60+fps. )

-The PC community is too serious and way to toxic. Popular game? Toxic. Good game? Toxic.
    -Racing games were horrible and dead. Like hardly anyone online. Well except Euro truck simulator, which actually was quite enjoyable but to bad....
    -I have no friends. Yeahhh I reckon this pushed me away from PC a lot. I had about 20+ friends on Steam, but they were the weird people in my year that plays games like League of Legends, DOTA, and stuff. Super antisocial and didn't really want to carry on a convo when I popped up, so I just deleted them.
    -CSGO. Good lord, this was a game I really wanted to play before I realised the PC community ****ed it up completely, plus the devs have crap Anti-cheat. Oh and it was another game that needed friends to form squads for competitive, but I guess i learnt new words such as Cyka and Ruski.

I couldn't care less about graphics at all. 4k means nothing to me; I still have a PS2 and before revising for GCSE's I was playing Spyro: A heroes tail. **** me what a game.

Anyways, PS4 was where most my closest friends were, we had common favourite games, they were really fun. Sadly, they were pretty bad, but this just made everything so funny, especially GTA V and heists omgggg the hours pumped into that. Plus matchmaking was quick, and there was actually a solid amount of people playing each game. Racing games were actually alive. Exclusives were too good. Ok I have written too much and need to revise.
    Yh, CS got me into pc gaming so I understand why it turned you off, Im constantly jsut playing other games or doing other stuff as i cant play games all the time atm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I play Playstation and I do so because it makes sense to me as I've played all the PS consoles since I was young. I play some games on my laptop but much prefer a console! PS have VR now which is a new dimension!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I play Playstation and I do so because it makes sense to me as I've played all the PS consoles since I was young. I play some games on my laptop but much prefer a console! PS have VR now which is a new dimension!
    cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    I can also play from the comfort of my bed, whereas I'd have to be sitting up all the time when playing PC games.
    Not to start the whole console/pc debate up, but you can hook up a controller and set steam to launch in Big Picture mode and game from the bed exactly like you would with a console. That's how I game most of the time now.

ReputationRep:
    I only really play nintendo consoles, HUGE nintendo fan, i've had a switch for like 10 months now (2 months after release) i bloody love it, there are so many games i have for it and so many coming soon, The direct yesterday announced Crash Bandicoot coming which im very excited for AND SMASH BROS IS COMING COULDDNT BE HAPPIER

its also nice having third parties being more open, i got DOOM and its so much fun, i plan on getting wolfenstein 2 and dark souls when they come out and i might buy bayonettta again but i did have it on the wii u

What a great time to be a nintendo fan

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.