Turn on thread page Beta

Do you play on console or pc and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    You can't play FPS on consoles. PERIOD. You also can't play strategy games on consoles. Those two genres alone account for vast numbers of very cool games which I won't enjoy if I don't game on PC.

BUT, if you don't have a Nintendo console, you will miss out on their exclusives. Same with PS and to a lesser extent IMO, Xbox.

So I mainly game on PC but move to console whenever I want to play some console-exclusive game or adventure/platform/etc (which are just as good if not better on consoles).

I never understood the PC vs Console debate for this reason... I originally thought it was just people trolling but nope, there are people who'll talk **** about consoles 24x7.

Losers, man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    objectively false. For instance according to wikipedia there are 1734 games on PS4 (126 exclusive) including games that are known but not yet released, meanwhile on steam alone there are currently 22,253 with many of them exclusive to the PC platform, there are probably more games exclusive to PC than there are available on current gen consoles all together.

Oh, and those 126 exclusives will probably mostly be proprietary to make people buy a PS4 rather than for technical reasons or because the genre doesn't really work on consoles (play pretty much any RTS on a console and tell me that RTS and console go together) as is generally going to be the case on PC. On top of those 126 games exclusive wholly to the PS4 there are a further 420 that are console exclusive, i.e. on PS4 but not Xbox One so almost a third of the PS4 library cannot be played on an Xbox One. Microsoft aren't as bad on the exclusive front, 30 Xbone exclusive, 126 Microsoft platforms only.

The worst thing that consoles lead to is the exclusivity, it denies games to gamers just to sell the hardware. If I want to play Halo 5 I MUST have an Xbone, if I don't I can't play it. If I want to play Quantum Break having just a PS4 isn't enough, I have to have either a PC capable of playing it or an Xbone. If I want to play God of War I MUST have a PS4, if I want to play FF7 an Xbone isn't enough, or shall we say FF14 so a half decent computer is needed. These things are all exclusive for purely commercial reasons and we as gamers lose out as all three, four if we are to include Nintendo in it too, systems have to be owned to get the full choice and that is not financially viable for the majority.

/Rant

As an aside, I don't have a problem with console gamers, I play games on consoles myself sometimes
    Yh, pc has more games, i dont know who told u otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Other_Owl)
    Both, Switch, DS and 3DS are the consoles I play. The upside with PC there's more variety of games. DS games who are no longer being produced are generally 50-75% cheaper now.
    you can get good deals on websites for pc games if you look hard enough

ReputationRep:
    PC MASTER RACEEEEE!1!!1111!11!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMsGl_XxTk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaDe7)
    no no no, plz dont go and do this, of all the complaints ive heard, its of people saying that people on pc are biggotted retards who only care about framezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz and quality, no no no plz lets not turn this into a drama thread, if u want drama aska stupid question about girls or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juvilation)
    Also mention if you would try another plaform and if you have multipe compare
    I don't mind spending thousands of pounds to get my hands on a powerful rig, hence PC for me. The more money you pay, the better performance you get. Also, PC's have way more features and can be used for a ton of other things like browsing, YouTube, video editing etc can all be done with ease. On a console, you can do those things as well but they are limited to some of the features. But that's not to say that consoles are weak. The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are both really capable machines too, but just not in the same level as the top graphics cards etc. I do also own a PS4 Pro just to play those 'console exclusives'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Both. PC because the graphics are better, and PS4 for the exclusives (and that I'm a huge PlayStation fan).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkrillerFanatic)
    I don't mind spending thousands of pounds to get my hands on a powerful rig, hence PC for me. The more money you pay, the better performance you get. Also, PC's have way more features and can be used for a ton of other things like browsing, YouTube, video editing etc can all be done with ease. On a console, you can do those things as well but they are limited to some of the features. But that's not to say that consoles are weak. The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are both really capable machines too, but just not in the same level as the top graphics cards etc. I do also own a PS4 Pro just to play those 'console exclusives'.
    Not all gaming pc's are widely expensive tho

ReputationRep:
    Not all gaming pc's are widely expensive tho
    True, but the more money you pay the higher the performance you get.

ReputationRep:
    no no no, plz dont go and do this, of all the complaints ive heard, its of people saying that people on pc are biggotted retards who only care about framezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz and quality, no no no plz lets not turn this into a drama thread, if u want drama aska stupid question about girls or something
    but frames and resolution are quite an important aspect of a gamer's playing experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaDe7)
    but frames and resolution are quite an important aspect of a gamer's playing experience
    not for all games and gamers

ReputationRep:
    True, but the more money you pay the higher the performance you get.
    depends on the task and person

ReputationRep:
    depends on the task and person
    Task : Intense, hard-core gaming.
    Person : Intense, hard-core gamer.
    That's me and many other gamers.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    PC forever and always.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yh, pc has more games, i dont know who told u otherwise
    I'm not the one you want to be asking that question.

ReputationRep:
    Task : Intense, hard-core gaming.
    Person : Intense, hard-core gamer.
    That's me and many other gamers.
    but more expensive cores on cpu's dont help gaming' infact they perform worce after 8 cores
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SaDe7)
    You do realise that this post is technically against the rules of this section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You do realise that this post is technically against the rules of this section
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    but more expensive cores on cpu's dont help gaming' infact they perform worce after 8 cores
    I'm clever enough to spend my money on the right components to build a custom PC that would result in the best gaming performance as per the value of the money.

ReputationRep:
    PC because there's more you can multitask while gaming, we have steam which is an amazing platform and has some insane sales and I prefer playing games with keyboard and mouse over a controller.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.