Turn on thread page Beta

Period two weeks late. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay pretty basic but I'm a 16 year old female (wow no way) and I've been getting semi-regular periods for years now.
    However, this one is now two weeks late (no chance of being pregnant). It's been on a wobbly timetable in the past but hasn't been this late since GCSEs when I just didn't get a period, obviously due to stress. But, I haven't really had any stress increase and I feel as though I've been PMSing almost for weeks not (countless spots, oily skin, excessive hunger for sugar -although still ignoring the urge to eat the fridge- bad tempered and the occasional cramp).
    PEOPLE WITH PERIODS (and those who don't if you're just well informed) WHAT ARE SOME REASONS I MIGHT NOT BE COMING ON.

ReputationRep:
    Could be your hormones hon; hormone imbalance can be caused by a number of things and even the smallest change can be amplified in the body e.g stress, emotions, eating patterns, activity level etc. If this has never happened to you before I understand it can be a bit worrying. I would say wait a little longer and be prepared if case if does come. If you feel comfortable, maybe speak to a friend/ family member. And if it's still worrying you a little bit, maybe go to the GP and get a blood test; I did this and the results showed straight of the bat why my periods were never regular! Hope this helps gal xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_4342)
    Could be your hormones hon; hormone imbalance can be caused by a number of things and even the smallest change can be amplified in the body e.g stress, emotions, eating patterns, activity level etc. If this has never happened to you before I understand it can be a bit worrying. I would say wait a little longer and be prepared if case if does come. If you feel comfortable, maybe speak to a friend/ family member. And if it's still worrying you a little bit, maybe go to the GP and get a blood test; I did this and the results showed straight of the bat why my periods were never regular! Hope this helps gal xx
    What was it in your case?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

This is very normal at 16 do not worry.

ReputationRep:
    Stress most probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    What was it in your case?
    In my case, they were very irregular, Like once in 80 days and then 30 days later etc. I did get a blood test that highlighted low estrogen and i had a scan that acc highlighted that i had a cyst. This was very very surprising and pretty rare so I think my case is an exception! But i would maybe get an appointment just to get to the bottom of it!

It can be stress or in my case I notice that being inactive makes me late e.g if I've been at home just sitting around all week when it's due. Exercise or lots of walking usually triggers it for me when it's a few days late.

Sometimes it just happens, particularly when you're younger - I skipped 2 in a row recently. If you're not eating and drinking enought that may affect it, ditto sleep deprivation and stress. Don't fret at all though, it's very normal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.