Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mac or PC watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a computer. My main point in getting a computer is for easier video editing: Premier Pro and photo editing. I am not the biggest gamer, I only really play CSGO every now and then, MY MacBook Pro takes CSGO just fine for a Mac. I basically haver the whole apple ecosystem: iPhone, MacBook and iPad. I do not however have a Mac. Now money isn't really a problem so don't tell me get a pc cause its cheaper, If I want something I will work for it and manage to afford it. My question is, should I continue my ecosystem for easier share or should I go for windows. Im also thinking about the future, during my career in Media ill have to deal with both windows and Mac so idk if its worth getting windows just to be comfortable with it just as much as Mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carla.Power)
    I want to get a computer. My main point in getting a computer is for easier video editing: Premier Pro and photo editing. I am not the biggest gamer, I only really play CSGO every now and then, MY MacBook Pro takes CSGO just fine for a Mac. I basically haver the whole apple ecosystem: iPhone, MacBook and iPad. I do not however have a Mac. Now money isn't really a problem so don't tell me get a pc cause its cheaper, If I want something I will work for it and manage to afford it. My question is, should I continue my ecosystem for easier share or should I go for windows. Im also thinking about the future, during my career in Media ill have to deal with both windows and Mac so idk if its worth getting windows just to be comfortable with it just as much as Mac.
    Unless you plan to become a major gamer, keep the ecosystem going. Mac is excellent for work. Also, I really like how you describe it like that, I never thought of it that way :P
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much you're willing to spend. I guess with PC's you pay for the amount of time you save when video editing seeing how much more quickly it renders things in a comparative Mac. You've also got to take into account with the fact you can't upgrade the iMac once you've got it so if you do end up needing a new one then you'll have to grab a new one in future whilst with a PC, you can re-use parts. However, as the person above me said, you are also paying for the convenience of the Apple ecosystem. What I'd do is look at the benefits and disadvantages of both machines.

Do you care about future upgrading or are you fine buying a new system every 3 or 4 years?
    Do you care about how fast the machine renders things?
    And are you truly going to use the Apple Ecosystem or are you not really sure as to how it benefits you?

Of course, I'm biased to a Windows PC due to the fact I can't justify spending 4 grand on an iMac when a PC worth less than half that can do the same stuff but as you said, you can afford both of them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.