chem
    phys
    maths
    englishes
    spanish
    geography
    art

can u give me some advice on what i should do now and how i should prepare

i only have my predicted grades in maths and spanish bc i started the gcse course and its 8s

ReputationRep:
    ignore your target grades they mean nothing, its 2 years till you do ur exams and so much can change. Prepare by making a few notes after class and thats really it, you dont need to spend much time on it youre in year 9 and you will forget it soon after. theres no point in revising this early just enough school while you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gent2324)
    ignore your target grades they mean nothing, its 2 years till you do ur exams and so much can change. Prepare by making a few notes after class and thats really it, you dont need to spend much time on it youre in year 9 and you will forget it soon after. theres no point in revising this early just enough school while you can
    when should i start revision (year 10/11)??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElonMuskFan123)
    when should i start revision (year 10/11)??
    I started in January (in year 11) all my predicted were 6s and now im getting 8s, it really depends on how comfortable you are with your subjects. A few of my teachers are **** so ive had to do quite alot of work to get up some grades, seriously though you shouldnt revise in year 10 only for end of years which are semi important. when in year 11 it might be helpful to slowly start making revision cards or whatever floats ur boat after school just casually. Its february and onwards where you need to start sticking stuff in your memory because anything earlier than that is just pointless you will just forget it (with the exception of maths). so in answer to your question id say make notes at start of year 11, start revising fully in january

ReputationRep:
    I started in January (in year 11) all my predicted were 6s and now im getting 8s, it really depends on how comfortable you are with your subjects. A few of my teachers are **** so ive had to do quite alot of work to get up some grades, seriously though you shouldnt revise in year 10 only for end of years which are semi important. when in year 11 it might be helpful to slowly start making revision cards or whatever floats ur boat after school just casually. Its february and onwards where you need to start sticking stuff in your memory because anything earlier than that is just pointless you will just forget it (with the exception of maths). so in answer to your question id say make notes at start of year 11, start revising fully in january
    You just said predicted grades mean nothing then you start saying how you were predicted 6's and now getting 8's... If they mean nothing, then why does that matter that you were predicted 6's?

ReputationRep:
    thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    You just said predicted grades mean nothing then you start saying how you were predicted 6's and now getting 8's... If they mean nothing, then why does that matter that you were predicted 6's?
    it doesnt matter thats what my point was? i was showing that they do not corrolate with your actual grades and may not be representative of your potential, teachers were trying to limit me to a 6 because thats my target - my point is that you should ignore them and do your best and dont let people label your intellegance before even taking the exams

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt matter thats what my point was? i was showing that they do not corrolate with your actual grades and may not be representative of your potential, teachers were trying to limit me to a 6 because thats my target - my point is that you should ignore them and do your best and dont let people label your intellegance before even taking the exams
    *correlate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    *correlate
    stop being a smartass please

ReputationRep:
    stop being a smartass please

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.