chem
phys
maths
englishes
spanish
geography
art

can u give me some advice on what i should do now and how i should prepare

i only have my predicted grades in maths and spanish bc i started the gcse course and its 8s
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
ignore your target grades they mean nothing, its 2 years till you do ur exams and so much can change. Prepare by making a few notes after class and thats really it, you dont need to spend much time on it youre in year 9 and you will forget it soon after. theres no point in revising this early just enough school while you can
ElonMuskFan123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
ignore your target grades they mean nothing, its 2 years till you do ur exams and so much can change. Prepare by making a few notes after class and thats really it, you dont need to spend much time on it youre in year 9 and you will forget it soon after. theres no point in revising this early just enough school while you can
when should i start revision (year 10/11)??
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ElonMuskFan123)
when should i start revision (year 10/11)??
I started in January (in year 11) all my predicted were 6s and now im getting 8s, it really depends on how comfortable you are with your subjects. A few of my teachers are **** so ive had to do quite alot of work to get up some grades, seriously though you shouldnt revise in year 10 only for end of years which are semi important. when in year 11 it might be helpful to slowly start making revision cards or whatever floats ur boat after school just casually. Its february and onwards where you need to start sticking stuff in your memory because anything earlier than that is just pointless you will just forget it (with the exception of maths). so in answer to your question id say make notes at start of year 11, start revising fully in january
username3753020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I started in January (in year 11) all my predicted were 6s and now im getting 8s, it really depends on how comfortable you are with your subjects. A few of my teachers are **** so ive had to do quite alot of work to get up some grades, seriously though you shouldnt revise in year 10 only for end of years which are semi important. when in year 11 it might be helpful to slowly start making revision cards or whatever floats ur boat after school just casually. Its february and onwards where you need to start sticking stuff in your memory because anything earlier than that is just pointless you will just forget it (with the exception of maths). so in answer to your question id say make notes at start of year 11, start revising fully in january
You just said predicted grades mean nothing then you start saying how you were predicted 6's and now getting 8's... If they mean nothing, then why does that matter that you were predicted 6's?
ElonMuskFan123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
thanks man
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by s.m30)
You just said predicted grades mean nothing then you start saying how you were predicted 6's and now getting 8's... If they mean nothing, then why does that matter that you were predicted 6's?
it doesnt matter thats what my point was? i was showing that they do not corrolate with your actual grades and may not be representative of your potential, teachers were trying to limit me to a 6 because thats my target - my point is that you should ignore them and do your best and dont let people label your intellegance before even taking the exams
username3753020
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
it doesnt matter thats what my point was? i was showing that they do not corrolate with your actual grades and may not be representative of your potential, teachers were trying to limit me to a 6 because thats my target - my point is that you should ignore them and do your best and dont let people label your intellegance before even taking the exams
*correlate
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by s.m30)
*correlate
stop being a smartass please
username3753020
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
stop being a smartass please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads