Turn on thread page Beta

I’m only 18 and I’m not too worried about this but I don’t know if somethings wrong with me because in a generation where everyone moves so fast people react weirdly when I tell them I’ve never been in a relationship even though I’m only 18, my whole family says what’s wrong with me ( they judge eveything I do so it’s irrelevant anyways) . I keep to myself a lot and maybe that’s mainly why, I’ve always had the ‘best’ boys after me and everytime I talk to them they say they ‘rate’ how to myself I am and that I’m different in a good way. Although I get talked to everyday when I go out by strangers, and get compliments 24/7 from girls and strangers but boys I know will always go tell others they feeling me rather than myself. Even the most confident it’s like they shy around me I don’t get it and The fact they can’t tell me myself puts me off them. Plus is it weird that I don’t want to get with anyone? I feel like at this age I just want to focus on me and building myself rather than wasting my time on this relationship wave when most aren’t even real.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're fine.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with a relationship since you don't really want one yet. It is better to focus on yourself first.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don’t focus on relationships.

ReputationRep:
    I’m 16 in two weeks and I’ve never had a boyfriend. No boys have ever been interested in me and I never get compliments from strangers, only my friends but they compliment everyone. My friends have boyfriends and they seem so happy, i feel like I’m missing out :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry you're not missing much. Just wait until it happens naturally and focus on being the best version of yourself possible.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is good if you work on yourself. I like girls that are this way personally. It shows more independence and not necessarily relying on someone for gratification or building of their ego. I got into relationships early and I always felt better when single because a lot of these people didn't suit me and I would have been better placed focusing on myself

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with never having a boyfriend, at 18 I think one should focus on themselves and their goals and if a guy comes a long, great. If not, still great. You avoid all the drama of being with guys just to be with them and not because you want to. That's why so many girls have drama in school because they feel like they need to have a guy when they don't. So good for you that you are avoid all that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're very very young. Nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend at your age.

Relax, enjoy life, do things that make you happy, have fun, do things with your friends. Focus on your ambition.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joning clubs out of interest, meeting guys through hobbies, through meet ups, through education, through work, through your network and going out.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardon)
    I’m 16 in two weeks and I’ve never had a boyfriend. No boys have ever been interested in me and I never get compliments from strangers, only my friends but they compliment everyone. My friends have boyfriends and they seem so happy, i feel like I’m missing out :/
    you aren't missing out ... your time will come. Focus on other things for now ...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.