Turn on thread page Beta

Alcohol Story - Is this something common or unique? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was at a friend's birthday party the other night and I consumed a large amount of Vodka in a short space of time.

As I was intoxicated, I idiotically took one drag of cannabis, although the actual drug was not mine nor was I in possession of it.

This increased the effects of the alcohol. I got to the stage where if you sit down, your mind spins and will most likely either fall asleep or be sick.

Instead of doing the above, I did this;

I have an excellent mental capacity. Even when intoxicated, I am able to accurately recollect everything that had occurred. I can even recall the mental images from my mind of everything around me. When people claim they lose their memory when drunk or its fuzzy, I can't relate but perhaps this is something less common but handy?

Despite being at that stage, I was walking around their garden continuously for about an hour. I avoided speaking to anyone, I simply focused on the cold and the environment around me like street lights etc. which allowed me to focus my mind and calibrate myself.

I did try and go back inside the party a few times, but I began to feel wobbly and unstable again, so I went back outside and repeated.

I embarrassingly was speaking out loud to myself, reassuring that I can overtake the effects and regain control. I never do this sober btw

I did actually try to make myself sick, as normally I have very sensitive gag reflexes, but when I put my fingers down the back of my mouth there was no response or sick coming up, so my stomach couldn't have been at the stage of no return, although I had felt it at first!

After about an hour of telling myself I am okay and accepting I was drunk and what I could next to avoid the cliché drunk asleep at the party, I managed to overtake the intoxication and within that hour I was pretty much feeling sober again and could think + walk + sit straight.

Although the THC and blood alcohol content would still be high throughout the night, my mind had overridden the effects fairly quickly and I was stable again.

Some of my friends, however, made the mistake of sitting down and they were asleep for the rest of the party and some even sick!

I was quite proud of myself, as it shows (unless I am crazy in thinking it) that I have a strong mental hold over my mind (mind over matter) and that not even cannabis + alcohol could close my body down.

After I sobered up, I spent about another hour just eating in the kitchen area then got a taxi home and slept until the morning with no hangover!

I was wondering if anyone who has experience in mental health or even self experience would view this behavior in a certain way? Is this normal behavior or unique or strange? Most people would let themselves go at a party, but my mind kept telling me no like it had control even with the intoxication.

I'd love to see your thoughts on this!

Nothing unique or special, plenty of people are able to remain in control even after drinking a large amount of alcohol

ReputationRep:
    Walking around in the fresh air is a common way to sober up, this is nothing new or special! :rofl:
    Everyone has different tolerance to alcohol, it sounds like you were just at the sick/spinny stage and not yet at the blackout. No reflection on your brain power...

How much vodka is “a large amount”?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You drank vodka and took one drag of weed and you're amazed you didn't get totally smashed?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.