Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’m classified as the ‘peng’ girl most of the times in my friend group, at college, etc. As weird as this might sound I hate it. I don’t like how I will get approached just because I’m the ‘prettiest’. I don’t like how my looks attract someone and I don’t know if it’s really my personality. Everyone that knows me says they was shocked at how nice, humble , shy, sweet I am and smart and that my looks are deceiving. I don’t see it. I don’t see this ‘beauty’ i get complimented for I’ve had boys that wanted me and even if I was feeling them too I would just friend zone them because I just don’t feel comfortable in my skin. Any tips on how to increase confidence? I genuinely just don’t feel good enough. And when i tell people I know they think I’m tryna get attentions and compliments dashed at me they don’t get it.
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound what everyone is saying but just be yourself! Get comfortable with talking to people online maybe? They don't see you and can judge you on your personality, not just looks. You can get closer to them and then you can show yourself to them and you will be sure they are attracted to your personality, not looks.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence… It's the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool

I actually feel the exact same way but I am a male lol. I even made a post about this 2 days ago.... I am smart, good looking, and fit, many of my friends can't believe I don't have a girlfriend, but I get scared of girls who are interested in me, and just end up giving an impression that I am totally not interested but I actually am.

From the feedback I got from my post is to work on your foundation, like Michpcx said, be yourself, it sounds so weird but you will know what it means if you look back at situation were you weren't yourself, then you will know what being yourself is. Just think that you are a girl, and boys will love you no matter what you do if you are attractive. Also don't let it bring you down, always be happy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.