Change of Course Watch

Bethany_K_98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,
I am in my first year, currently studying Biomedicine. However, I am applying to change courses, to start in September 2018, starting from the first year again. How would this change my student finance loan, both maintenance and tuition loan? and how would I let student finance know of the change if it were to go ahead?
Thank you for your help.
Rona SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bethany_K_98)
Hi,
I am in my first year, currently studying Biomedicine. However, I am applying to change courses, to start in September 2018, starting from the first year again. How would this change my student finance loan, both maintenance and tuition loan? and how would I let student finance know of the change if it were to go ahead?
Thank you for your help.
Hi Bethany,

Can I ask what course are you looking to change to and will you be studying full or part time?

Thanks Rona
Bethany_K_98
Rep:
?
Hi,I’m looking to change into adult nursing, and it would be studying full time. Thank you.
Rona SFE
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,I’m looking to change into adult nursing, and it would be studying full time. Thank you.
Hi Bethany,

From 2017, new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional students may no longer be eligible to receive the NHS bursary; this means that these students can apply to receive therefore will now be eligible to receive full funding from Student Finance England.

i.e Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and applicable grants.

You will be pleased to know that as this is an exception course you will receive full funding on any of these courses and any years of previous study will be disregarded.

Thanks Rona
Bethany_K_98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi Bethany,

From 2017, new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional students may no longer be eligible to receive the NHS bursary; this means that these students can apply to receive therefore will now be eligible to receive full funding from Student Finance England.

i.e Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and applicable grants.

You will be pleased to know that as this is an exception course you will receive full funding on any of these courses and any years of previous study will be disregarded.

Thanks Rona
Thank you very much,
Would I then apply for student finance normally, and would I have to let them know on my account I currently have for biomedicine that I wouldn’t be continuing with biomedicine?
Rona SFE
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you very much,
Would I then apply for student finance normally, and would I have to let them know on my account I currently have for biomedicine that I wouldn’t be continuing with biomedicine?
Hi Bethany,

Yes you would need to advise your university that you are transferring to the new course.

If your course starts in the new academic year 2018/19, then you can apply now online using your existing login details, entering your new course information and year of study.

Only if your current university advise us that you have withdrawn, then you would need to apply as a new student and provide identity and any eligibility evidence again.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads