Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Getting alcohol through the an airport underaged? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm 16 and I'm going on a school trip to Greece soon. I was just wondering, if I put vodka in 2x 500 ml water bottles and put them in my suitcase, would I get away with it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you would.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Definitely not if it was cabin luggage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Definitely not if it was cabin luggage.
    assume they must be talking about checked baggage otherwise the limit is 100ml so they'd clearly be in trouble...

OP - probably, they're not going to know who the suitcase belongs to (so they won't know you're underage) and I don't think there are any laws against transporting small amounts of alcohol within the EU... but sounds like you're carrying alcohol for other classmates too? you're certainly taking a risk with your school, you could be in serious trouble if they find out.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    assume they must be talking about checked baggage otherwise the limit is 100ml so they'd clearly be in trouble...

OP - probably, they're not going to know who the suitcase belongs to (so they won't know you're underage) and I don't think there are any laws against transporting small amounts of alcohol within the EU... but sounds like you're carrying alcohol for other classmates too? you're certainly taking a risk with your school, you could be in serious trouble if they find out.
    I agree with this. It is fine to fly with alcohol in your luggage (I've done it) but I'm just wondering whether a school trip would include checked luggage.

Plus the fact that you know, that's a lot of vodka for one person...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this. It is fine to fly with alcohol in your luggage (I've done it) but I'm just wondering whether a school trip would include checked luggage.

I would have thought a school trip would include a checked bag as toherwise all the poor teen girls will be freaking out about not having 5 different shoe choices :P but idk, it's a long time since I went on one!

yeah, hence my comment about bring it for classmates, OP shouldn't be taking the risk of bringing alcohol for several people who will no doubt leave her to bear the suspension/being banned from holiday activities if she gets caught.

ReputationRep:

The vodka would be for like 4 of us. I'll definitely put the bottles in a suitcase (not hand luggage). I don't think the school check what's in your suitcase and they wouldn't suspect it if the vodka was in water bottles anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I would have thought a school trip would include a checked bag as toherwise all the poor teen girls will be freaking out about not having 5 different shoe choices :P but idk, it's a long time since I went on one!

yeah, hence my comment about bring it for classmates, OP shouldn't be taking the risk of bringing alcohol for several people who will no doubt leave her to bear the suspension/being banned from holiday activities if she gets caught.
    I never went on a school trip abroad and when I went to Europe with my uni we had to fight to get hold luggage

OP shouldn't risk it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sylvie1234)
    The vodka would be for like 4 of us. I'll definitely put the bottles in a suitcase (not hand luggage). I don't think the school check what's in your suitcase and they wouldn't suspect it if the vodka was in water bottles anyway
    I really wouldn't risk it. What if one of you gets really ill from drinking? What excuse will you use to the school?

ReputationRep:
    Do not try it, it is not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t do it. Somebody might get ill, and your school will have the pants sued off of it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    surely it'll be cheaper to buy over there?

ReputationRep:
    you know they sell alcohol in Greece right?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.