Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I want to go abroud. we’re both 17 and we’re finding it difficult to book a hotel as we’re not 18? Please can someone help us! do you have to be 18? i have seen on here that some people have been as young as 16

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Some youth hostels allow you to book in at 17 and those are probably going to be your best bet. That depends on the country though, and you haven't really given a lot of detail about where you're going so I suppose its hard to say. Still, try and look into it

You could also try a holiday rental! My friend and I went and stayed in a lovely little place as 17 year olds. The owners said you had to be 18, but we talked to them and we made arrangements separately.

Hope it all works out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slurredsquash)
    Hello!

Some youth hostels allow you to book in at 17 and those are probably going to be your best bet. That depends on the country though, and you haven't really given a lot of detail about where you're going so I suppose its hard to say. Still, try and look into it

You could also try a holiday rental! My friend and I went and stayed in a lovely little place as 17 year olds. The owners said you had to be 18, but we talked to them and we made arrangements separately.

Hope it all works out!

Thankyou for your reply. We really wanted to go to Spain or Greece in the summer. We have been looking at Travel companies and the leadin adult is to be 18. We never really thought of rentals so I will have a look now. Thankyou for your quick response l!! xxx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It can make things awkward but should not be a universal barrier. Cast your net wider.

Also, generally posher places (i.e. hotels) have more rules. Hostels etc, less so.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.