The Student Room Group
[scrollr]:iiam:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:iiam:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:iiam:[/scrollr]
even the most confident of people has a weakness
Reply 3
Easier to be a walking abomination like me and not feel shy around any c***.
hahahaaa this is why i keep telling myself i cant get a man hahaha:K:
Because of the stupid amount of societal pressure placed on men to form sexual relationships with women. Plenty of men don't feel comfortable with that, which then translates to nervousness or social awkwardness.

(just my opinion)
I'm not
Original post by YouAreAYute
hahahaaa this is why i keep telling myself i cant get a man hahaha:K:

is that you in your pic?
Anyone who cares and is genuinely interested in being with someone will be nervous about approaching them . . . it's the fear of rejection . . . which in many cases is worse than an actual rejection might be.
Original post by Hirsty97
I'm not

Hi you're cute
Original post by Anonymous
Hi you're cute

Thirsty af
Thirsty af

I'm a boy as well
Because very good looking women have won a golden ticket in life, and until they hit the wall, can coast through life on their looks alone. The drawback of this is many (not all, many) very good looking woman don't try to work at developing a pleasant friendly, playful, engaging personality, or any morals and ethics. Instead some (not all) become narcissistic, catty, *****y, entitled drama queens and attention whores.

Gender stereotypes haven't been leveled. Men are still expected (not as bad these days, but the expectation is still thereto some degree) to do all the chasing, risk constant rejection, pay for dates, man up and make the first move (and risk being played for **** and giggles, or worse get hit with a sexual harassment claim) etc. Even confident men have to work at getting into a good relationship, or hooking up.

Very good looking women, just need to be very good looking.

80/20 rule, in very rough, crude number terms. 80% of women will be after the top 20% men in terms of SMV. 80% of men are left to competent for the lowest 20% of women in terms of SMV. Or people compromise.

So I'm guessing confident men, meaning men who have reason to be confident; ie self respect, perceived high status due to previous successes, rather than confident due to braggadocio, or cocaine and alcohol, are not shy around very beautiful women at all, even if it comes across like that. They simply have more options and have realized many of these women are not worth the hassle of a really bad attitude. They are not interested in chasing goldigging headcases.
(edited 6 years ago)
They're not.

But many men are because those girls are associated with being mean and *****y for some reason lol. So you just expect to get harshly chewed out, humiliated, and have your ego shattered.

That's only the ones who have the "image" though.

Really pretty girls who have less of the sexy outfits/makeup/high heels etc. are much less intimidating.
Hi you're cute

ta
Original post by Hirsty97
ta

Are you single?
> Why are confident men shy around very good looking girls?

Surely that would make them not confident? Well, obviously confidence isn't binary, it's a scale. So the question is why are men who are reasonably confident not confident around good looking girls. Interacting with good looking girls would take them out and avove their confidence level, it's quite a kinid of extreme test of confidence, and those men who appeared totally confident (eg 100%) aren't, they're reasonably confident (eg 90%) and this particular situation pushes them into an area they're not so confident in. So then it just comes down, why are guys shy around girls they fancy.
Reply 17
Cos they ain't confident and it's just an act
Because they dont want to get too involved and break hearts

Latest

Trending

Trending