Turn on thread page Beta

I went through my girlfriend of 2 years Facebook. and I saw posts that were posted in may 2017. these posts showed her and her ex kissing and many other posts that's related to him. they must've gotten back together and she was ******* around with him behind my back. I only just saw these posts because I never had a Facebook account. im so depressed and heartbroken I don't know what to do or what to think. I showed the posts to her and she said it was from Facebook memories. but this was definitely a lie as it didn't say it was shared through memories. also people commented on those pictures. but her mum told me that she's telling the truth. and now I don't know what to think. her mum called me and said she's telling the truth and that she wasn't with him. but it still doesn't explain the posts. they were posted from a time I was dating her.

I didn't wanna argue with her no more so I just said I believe her and we moved on. but it's been playing on my mind ever since. I think I should break up but idk how to do it. I've never done this before.

im so depressed. what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    ofc her mum would take her own daughters side, she sounds like a bit of a snake tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAreAYute)
    ofc her mum would take her own daughters side, she sounds like a bit of a snake tbh
    I’d agree, that’s fishy af
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she did, I’d step away from the relationship and give yourself some time. To me it seems you’re afraid of letting her go but it’s only hurting you. Take the hint and drop the stint

(I’m well aware that that’s a terrible rhyme xD)

(Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    Sounds like she did, I’d step away from the relationship and give yourself some time. To me it seems you’re afraid of letting her go but it’s only hurting you. Take the hint and drop the stint

(I’m well aware that that’s a terrible rhyme xD)
    you're right. I am afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you're right. I am afraid
    And that’s okay. I know exactly how it feels to know you’re in something which isn’t good, and it’s tough, but sometimes you just have to go for it and jump ship. There are plenty of decent girls out there, and you’ll find you’re stronger if you focus on how you feel, rather than worrying about her

And that’s okay. I know exactly how it feels to know you’re in something which isn’t good, and it’s tough, but sometimes you just have to go for it and jump ship. There are plenty of decent girls out there, and you’ll find you’re stronger if you focus on how you feel, rather than worrying about her
    I don't trust no one anymore. this is my second relationship and they've both ended with me being cheated on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust no one anymore. this is my second relationship and they've both ended with me being cheated on.
    Ugh you poor soul. Love is rough sometimes but I’ve learned to never give up hope. I gave up for 2 years but then I met my bf and I know he’s right. Don’t give up OP, that’s why you need “you time”. Because things like this can wipe out your energy and passion for relationships and leave you wondering why you ever tried. The answer? Because you wanted to love and you’ve proven yourself good at it considering how devoted you seem to be to your girl. Trust me, someone will come along who is right for you and you’ve just got to stay positive

ReputationRep:
    If it was on facebook, it was hardly behind your back - you could have found out at any time by just having a facebook account. Everyone she knows would also know. I think it's more likely that you've got it wrong and don't really understand facebook.

Ugh you poor soul. Love is rough sometimes but I’ve learned to never give up hope. I gave up for 2 years but then I met my bf and I know he’s right. Don’t give up OP, that’s why you need “you time”. Because things like this can wipe out your energy and passion for relationships and leave you wondering why you ever tried. The answer? Because you wanted to love and you’ve proven yourself good at it considering how devoted you seem to be to your girl. Trust me, someone will come along who is right for you and you’ve just got to stay positive

honestly I doubt it. thank you though and im glad it worked out for you

ReputationRep:
    honestly I doubt it. thank you though and im glad it worked out for you
    You’re welcome. Pop into my PMs any time if you need advice I’m on most of the time so I can answer frequently

(Original post by Trinculo)
    If it was on facebook, it was hardly behind your back - you could have found out at any time by just having a facebook account. Everyone she knows would also know. I think it's more likely that you've got it wrong and don't really understand facebook.
    explain to me why there could be posts of her and that other guy telling eachother they love eachother etc from 2017 may?

ReputationRep:
    explain to me why there could be posts of her and that other guy telling eachother they love eachother etc from 2017 may?
    And you were with her 2 years and not a single person that knew her mentioned that there were publicly available photos of her cheating on you - photos that you could have seen at any time. The whole thing sounds so unlikely.

(Original post by Trinculo)
    And you were with her 2 years and not a single person that knew her mentioned that there were publicly available photos of her cheating on you - photos that you could have seen at any time. The whole thing sounds so unlikely.
    idk man her friends don't really know me. and those days was when she was at uni so we were at different cities. idk her family knows me but I didn't have their contact details. so im guessing she told them that she broke up with me and went with her ex. honestly it's ****ing with my mind. idk what to think.

ReputationRep:
    idk man her friends don't really know me. and those days was when she was at uni so we were at different cities. idk her family knows me but I didn't have their contact details. so im guessing she told them that she broke up with me and went with her ex. honestly it's ****ing with my mind. idk what to think.
    So this was an LDR and you know her from home - and she went to university?

ReputationRep:
    Be absolutely certain that it isn't Facebook memories before doing anything, social media can be weird.

ReputationRep:
    I would speak to people you know would have seen the photos. You must have mutual friends or contacts - do none of your friends have Facebook? Before you do any rash I would say hear her out. However if she clearly isn’t begging for you back maybe she did just cheat knowing she’d get caught eventually and did it as a way to end the relationship without having the “talk”.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.