Turn on thread page Beta

i work in an office job that I hate. aall the young people around my age are doing well, they have got promotions moving on to better, while I am.here stuck for 3 years, miserable and feeling hopeless in myself. I cannot stop comparing and now I do notnlike work at all.It's a good job but got to quit but I feel like it's impossible and bad for for me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i work in an office job that I hate. aall the young people around my age are doing well, they have got promotions moving on to better, while I am.here stuck for 3 years, miserable and feeling hopeless in myself. I cannot stop comparing and now I do notnlike work at all.It's a good job but got to quit but I feel like it's impossible and bad for for me.
    What about it makes it a good job? Is the pay keeping you there or the position within the job?
    If there is definitely no possible progression within your work there is certainly no problem seeing that as an opportunity to leave and find one where there is, it’s a big step to take but it’s one you’ll have to do eventually anyway. People move jobs all the time for various reasons, pay, bad work environment, no progression, staff, no benefits, etc. You have to do what suits YOU at the end of the day. I recommend looking out for positions within the company as well as on job sites for other companies, just in case. Work on your CV for s bit and try doing something outside of work alongside it, could be another job, a hobby you’ve always wanted to take up, volunteering for a charity or the police, something different that’ll shake things up for you

(Original post by Lily048)
    What about it makes it a good job? Is the pay keeping you there or the position within the job?
    If there is definitely no possible progression within your work there is certainly no problem seeing that as an opportunity to leave and find one where there is, it’s a big step to take but it’s one you’ll have to do eventually anyway. People move jobs all the time for various reasons, pay, bad work environment, no progression, staff, no benefits, etc. You have to do what suits YOU at the end of the day. I recommend looking out for positions within the company as well as on job sites for other companies, just in case. Work on your CV for s bit and try doing something outside of work alongside it, could be another job, a hobby you’ve always wanted to take up, volunteering for a charity or the police, something different that’ll shake things up for you
    yea good pay, pension, only way to progress is writing applications but I can't be in good mindset for that. I have been looking at jobs.i see everyone else applying in the company and getting higher paid jobs I don't feel I am good enough and I always find it hard to get a job

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.