Turn on thread page Beta

apparently nobody in my year at school likes me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So everybody seems to hate/dislike me for some reason. the people (in particular) that I'm talking about act nice to my face and then behind my back to my close mate they sit and stay stuff e.g "he's gay" and "he's really weird"

I'm sorry but I consider myself a good friend, I don't slabber about anyone unless I have good reason to. I'm shy and quiet and I keep myself to myself, I've never done anything to hurt anyone in that school so I can't see why they all think I'm gay and a creep, I'm not gay nor am I camp not that i have a problem with both because I am not homophobic unlike them and I'm not creepy either , I'm quiet but if someone talks to me I'm always polite back.

I'm in year 12 and I've had enough now, it's so immature and to think these people are only a year or so away from starting uni.
    People are like that in school, unfortunately you can't get everyone to like you, but I understand how you feel as you might not mind a few people but when it's a lot it makes a difference. People are two faced in life, and at least you know they can't be a good friend and you can tell them apart compared to people who are actually nice. It's probably based around someone just saying something and it becoming a rumour and spreading, that's how things work in school, you can make a lie up, tell another person, they start telling other people and it spreads like that. Some of them are just being purely immature and being silly.

So don't worry and just ignore it and talk to your friends, if you're polite even if you don't have any then you will be able to make one and good friends won't agree with what they heard about you.
    I wouldn't suggest doing that to all of them but maybe ask some why, not all because you can't reason with some people, and it will make it worse sometimes and some people just hate you for whatever reason and will hate you no matter what you or others say, but you don't have to ask if you think it will make things worse.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Try and find new friends - there should be good people somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've noticed people always think that about quiet people. I'm quiet myself and I have trouble talking to people due to social anxiety so I was isolated in the beginning of sixth form. Because of that people thought I was weird. Ditch those people man. People always end up hanging out as a big group in the beginning of sixth form and there's a lot of sh** going on between them. They will eventually break apart into smaller groups and so will you. You'll find some good friends along the way, just hope and pray. I eventually found mine and I'm so much more confident and happy.

Just remember, even if those people make you feel that way, there are many others that don't have a clue what they're thinking. Anyone else will accept you if you're a great friend and you can talk to them easily, which I'm sure you can since you're talking to these people lmao. Not to be one of those people, but don't lose confidence and sit in worry, just accept that they're tw*ts. Don't let it get to you, you'll just sink into depression. It's really hard to deal with, trust me I've been through it.

(Original post by louisaah)
    Yeah, I've noticed people always think that about quiet people. I'm quiet myself and I have trouble talking to people due to social anxiety so I was isolated in the beginning of sixth form. Because of that people thought I was weird. Ditch those people man. People always end up hanging out as a big group in the beginning of sixth form and there's a lot of sh** going on between them. They will eventually break apart into smaller groups and so will you. You'll find some good friends along the way, just hope and pray. I eventually found mine and I'm so much more confident and happy.

Just remember, even if those people make you feel that way, there are many others that don't have a clue what they're thinking. Anyone else will accept you if you're a great friend and you can talk to them easily, which I'm sure you can since you're talking to these people lmao. Not to be one of those people, but don't lose confidence and sit in worry, just accept that they're tw*ts. Don't let it get to you, you'll just sink into depression. It's really hard to deal with, trust me I've been through it.
    yeah they certainly are *****, I just want to get away from them. It's the fact that they sit and say it to my friend when I'm not with him. It's as if they want it to get back to me. I know I shouldn't let it worry me but it does, I feel sick when i think that nobody likes me in school. my attendance has gone down as a result and I'm not doing too well in my subjects because of that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.