Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for BA Illustration with Brighton and found it to be a really bizarre if not slightly stressful/upsetting sort of situation and was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience or felt the same way?
    I had a tour in which I was just walked down corridors and shown doors and told what was behind them, I didn't see the inside of any rooms or the actual facilities, just got "this is bookbinding, this is printing" which wasn't great. Then we all got led to a room to sit and wait and there was food and drink which was obviously really thoughtful, but was then left there for 2 hours in silence in a room of 30 strangers with a Louis Theroux documentary playing. From the e mail I was sent prior to the interview I was under the impression we would get given our time and then would be able to leave, ensuring we were back 5 minutes before our interview time. Instead I sat in this room for 2 hours in silence just getting gradually more dead inside waiting for my (late) interview, so that when it eventually came around I was so psyched out and dead inside I wasn't in the right frame of mind for an interview?
    The whole thing was just really odd, I understand putting us all in a room for a bonding experience, but that couldn't really happen because there was something playing on a screen which created a weird do we talk do we not sort of atmosphere and I left the whole experience feeling super deflated and demoralised. Even interview itself was a bit odd, the presence of the student helper was more distracting than comforting I'm not really sure?! The student in my interview didn't say a word and every time I looked at them they were clearly uninterested staring at an opposite wall. There was also no work on the walls so I got zero impression of the course content or students work or anything. The whole thing was really really odd. Not complaining, or wanting to get attention from the university or anything, just curious to see if anyone else felt the same way I did or maybe I just overplayed it in my head. Just really wasn't that impressed!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.