Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I plan to study in Teesside but I have been reading about the town and it doesn't look any good.
    I'm from Portugal, and me and my friend want to go there to study, from what we researched on the internet the university is great but the town leaves a lot to be desired. We heard lots matters that damage it's reputation, like there is plenty of drugs around, junkies, etc...
    Since but of us don't care much for night life, we are mostly stay at home people, we just want to feel safe at least.
    What we want to know is if it is relatively safe to live there? Which are the best places to live (even outside campus)? What is the general view of students of the city?

ReputationRep:
    Try Northumbria or a large city. Boro has little to offer, especially for an international student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Try Northumbria or a large city. Boro has little to offer, especially for an international student.
    We don't have many choices due to the degrees we want to have. It's very specific and it's not everywhere that have it. So our questions still stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AddieMade)
    We don't have many choices due to the degrees we want to have. It's very specific and it's not everywhere that have it. So our questions still stand.
    Is it at least available somewhere else? My considered advice is not to move to Boro for uni. It is a very bleak place, unless you like parmos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Is it at least available somewhere else? My considered advice is not to move to Boro for uni. It is a very bleak place, unless you like parmos.

The only other place we had in mind, is Southhampton Solem but their application requirements are far to high for us.

ReputationRep:
    What specific course are u wishing to study here when educstin is basically free in Portugal and superior?

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.