Turn on thread page Beta

I don't get what I'm supposed to do, any advice? watch

I'm kind of embarrassed about this, but I've been rejected by girls every time I've asked them out. I'm not ugly or fat, I'm tall and I do exercise. So the problem is probably what I say and do, not what I look like.

I'm not that popular to be honest, I don't get invited to motives much, but I have mates that are quite popular, and I have pulled at motives a few times. My friends seem to know more people and be able to get on with them better than I can, I'm awkward a lot of the time talking to the popular kids.

I've talked to a few girls as well, been a bit flirtatious, and got their numbers. Then I asked each girl if she wanted to hang out, and every time, the girl gave some excuse (I semi-believed the first one, and as it happened again and again I realised they didn't want to hang out)

Did I ask too soon or what? I made a little bit of small talk every time before asking, maybe about 5-10 texts each before saying "Do you want to hang out/meet up on (this day)"

One girl was like, "Don't you want to get to know me first?" I don't have time to text you about random things and get aired for hours because she needs to pretend she's busy.

So if you're a girl reading this, tell me, would you be creeped out if a guy that you were talking to in person and had good vibes with asked you your number and then asked if you want to hang out shortly after texting you hi?

If you haven't guessed by now my social skills are really weak, probably due to certain events in my early life (don't worry I didn't get abused or anything).

Sorry if this is a bit personal, flipping hell man I just want some girl to watch netflix and eat food with

ReputationRep:
    tbhh id wanna get to know them abit first, seems a bit desperate if almost immediately youre asking to link

And my question is what's the 'normal' way to get a girl to hang out, girls how would you expect it to go down, and lads how have you done in the past

ReputationRep:
    Watching Netflix and eating food is seen as codename for sex, lol. By hanging out I think you should specify you mean something low key like going for coffee.

(Original post by YouAreAYute)
    tbhh id wanna get to know them abit first, seems a bit desperate if almost immediately youre asking to link
    That is so much effort
    Especially when girls air messages for time to seem important

ReputationRep:
    ngl, i would actually really like it if i guy said to me that he wanted to meet up and stuff - it like shows that they are interested in you and actually want to get to know you, but in real life rather than on social media. it feels like forming relationships with people in real life is much better and more personal than doing it all over social media imo, call me old fashioned lmao. however, if i hardly know the guy then i may not always go on the date - just because i feel awkward around people i don’t know well and i wouldn’t want it to be embarrassing for anyone. however, i would probably push myself out of my comfort zone, go anyway and probably ending up doing something that makes me look like a massive tosser lmao
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.