Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So guys I met a guy who I got along with a lot .

We exchanged number and I grew to like him a lot but I found out that he’s 18. I don’t know what to do to be honest. All my friends are laughing at me , I just feel so annoyed.

So what do you guys think is 18 too young ???

ReputationRep:
    I think if it was the guy who was 22 and the girl who was 18 - Nobody would really think anything of it.

It’s perfectly legal and only a few years, I really wouldn’t worry about it if you like him.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    well he's legal now so there ain't a problem. sooner enough if your relationship lasts several years the age diff would be seen as normal and no one would care

ReputationRep:
    so what? if you like him, go for it!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    it's literally the worst thing ever

ReputationRep:
    Normally its the other way around. 18 year old girl dating an older guy.

But there's nothing wrong with either. You're both legal age

ReputationRep:
    4 years is nothing. It may seem weird to other people right now but f**k them. Once he turns 20 nobody will care if he's 4 years younger it's just the "teen" in his age that probably makes it sound weird. Nobody will care after a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    At this point In time, the age difference will be absurd to particular people (e.g your friends). Though as time passes on, the age disparity becomes less of an issue. Your friends might still bug you for It, but if you're interested in the relationship, commit to It and see how It goes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.