Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve recently looked into universities and I want to study history or economics . Any of you accepted into LSE with similar (ABBBCCCC) GCSES ?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Marla12)
    I’ve recently looked into universities and I want to study economics. A dream would be to study at LSE, but I think my gcses will hinder this. I have 12 GCSES (A*AAAAABBBBBBC) I was wondering if I get amazing a levels if my GCSEs can be overlooked? Any of you accepted into LSE with similar GCSES ?
    You are on the edge or just below the minimum. If you had an amazing application for the rest, then you could make an informal enquiry.

Academic achievement

Successful applicants for this programme are usually predicted to achieve or have already achieved a minimum of A* A A in their A levels, with an A* in Mathematics (or 38 and above International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) points, including 7 6 6 in Higher level subjects, with 7 in Mathematics). Please also see subject combinations regarding Further Mathematics requirements.

Applicants should also have already achieved a strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A and A*, or equivalent. Your GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B. We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile, and your AS grades, if available.

Competition for places at the School is high. This means that even if you are predicted or if you achieve the grades that meet our usual standard offer, this will not guarantee you an offer of admission. Usual standard offers are intended only as a guide, and in some cases applicants will be asked for grades which differ from this.

ReputationRep:
    I got worse GCSEs than you and got an offer for History at LSE, obviously since LSE is competitive GCSEs are important, but the more important things are A level predictions, AS results if you have them and the PS (which is especially important for LSE). If you smash your AS Levels (if you do them) and A levels you should stand a competitive chance . For economics, as Oxbridge is the only thing which rivals it, most people apply with the same grades anyway so economics is really important

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.