Turn on thread page Beta

Do black people bring racism amongst themselves? watch

*CLICKBAIT TITLE* I have a lot of black friends and conversations are all normal and good but they use/ Call each other the n word a lot. However someone who is not black(me) is considered racist if I said the word (I don’t but still). Surely if we all wanted to end racism, we would stop normalising such a horrible word, not allowing only one race to say it (discrimination in itself). This has been bugging me for so long so please, I invite you to express your opinion. And don’t @ me, in no way do I intend to upset/ aggravate anyone.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    *CLICKBAIT TITLE* I have a lot of black friends and conversations are all normal and good but they use/ Call each other the n word a lot. However someone who is not black(me) is considered racist if I said the word (I don’t but still). Surely if we all wanted to end racism, we would stop normalising such a horrible word, not allowing only one race to say it (discrimination in itself). This has been bugging me for so long so please, I invite you to express your opinion. And don’t @ me, in no way do I intend to upset/ aggravate anyone.
    I've been thinking the same as well. Especially when it's mentioned so much in rap/hip hop and then little white kids start repeating it. It's like obviously they're going to start picking it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    People say that the word ending with "er" is racist, and the word ending in "ga" isn't racist. But I agree, its a horrible word, and why is it the only offensive term to a group that is allowed to be said in the media? (music,films).

Changing the last 2 letters doesn't remove the negative history behind it

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.