Turn on thread page Beta

I have signed up to do ncs in the summer and I’m really excited to go! I’m doing it on my own so I can learn new experiences and hopefully make great new friends. Has anyone done it and was it worth it??

ReputationRep:
    I did NCS a couple of years ago, but I did a shorter programme in October. It was definitely worth it, like you I did it alone so it was confidence building and also increased my motivation. Since then I've taken up more opportunities e.g. I am now a volunteer counseling for Childline, which I doubt I would be doing if it weren't for doing NCS where I gained more belief in myself and my abilities. I didn't make any friends but I still had a good time, that doesn't mean to say that you won't though. I would say that a lot of the marketing NCS do is based on making life-long friends, lots of people do it with friends and on my group at least half the people there had someone they were doing it with and there was a group of about 6 that were doing it together. What I'm saying is don't pin your hopes on making new friends- it could happen, but don't be disheartened if not. Even though I didn't make any, I would still recommend the experience. Hope you have a good time!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply! Very helpful advice and i will definitely take into consideration to what you said

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.