The Student Room Group

Trump meeting Kim Jong Uns

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kim-jong-un-invite-donald-trump-north-korea-nuclear-test-a8246856.html

Looks like heavy handed realist foreign policy does work rather than liberal nonsense that Obama’s expoused (with the familiar consequences)

Scroll to see replies

This has nothing to do with Trump policy and it the brainchild of the South Korean leader who doesn't want to be caught on the crossfire of a nuclear **** swinging contest. Let's not forget Trump was threating nuclear hellfire not to long ago.
Reply 2
Original post by Guru Jason
This has nothing to do with Trump policy and it the brainchild of the South Korean leader who doesn't want to be caught on the crossfire of a nuclear **** swinging contest. Let's not forget Trump was threating nuclear hellfire not to long ago.

So why did he praise Trump then?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/09/asia/south-korea-north-korea-talks-moon-intl/index.html
Let’s see how this goes shall we? It looks like a step in the right direction.
im not a big fan of alot of trumps foriegn policy but this seems to at least be working, unlike bush and obama

If you want Trump to do something, do you argue with him like Kim or do you suck up to him? Feed Trumps ego and you can get him to do almost anything.
This is actually good.

It would be so good if Trump, of all poeple, did something the liberals could never do.

Now we just need PM Corbyn to get round the table as well. All the angry Gammon. :rofl:

Would be worth it for the Nick Cohen articles alone.

This is one of those things thought where it is easier for right wingers to do this. Just like it would have been hard for a Democrat to make talks with Communist China, It was something NIxen and Reagan could get away with because they were on the right. Just imagine if Corbyn had done this. The gammon would no be happy :facepalm:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
If you want Trump to do something, do you argue with him like Kim or do you suck up to him? Feed Trumps ego and you can get him to do almost anything.

Sounds very complicated and an elaborate attempt to try and deflect anything positive trump achieves.

But if you are right- perversely that also plays in Trumps favour - other countries will do his work for him out of fear of upsetting him!

Not saying Trump can do no wrong: he csn, but. In this area he’s doing markedly better than his predecessors
Reply 8
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This is actually good.

It would be so good if Trump, of all poeple, did something the liberals could never do.

Now we just need PM Corbyn to get round the table as well :rofl:

Would be worth it for the Nick Cohen articles alone.

PRSOM

I actually like Cohen but yeah would be pretty funny 😂
dotard and little rocket man can get together & compare haircuts :h:
Original post by Davij038

Not saying Trump can do no wrong: he csn, but. In this area he’s doing markedly better than his predecessors

That's becuase US foreign policy has always been ****.
Sounds very complicated and an elaborate attempt to try and deflect anything positive trump achieves.

But if you are right- perversely that also plays in Trumps favour - other countries will do his work for him out of fear of upsetting him!

If Kim was scared of the US then I would agree in that Trumps rhtoric is working but i dont think Kim is so I don't believe this to be the case. Trump in my opinion has done little so far. But I think he will get the credit if he does help the process of peace between the 2 nations and he should to an extent. But as of now this meeting is not because of anything trump did except accept the invite which came around because of S. Korean delegation. S Korea just want peace and safety. If this means giving all the credit to Trump, so be it.
I can only imagine how this meet will go 🤔
Reply 13
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's becuase US foreign policy has always been ****.

You’re just mad they won the Cold War 😂

But yeah
Reply 14
If Kim was scared of the US then I would agree in that Trumps rhtoric is working but i dont think Kim is so I don't believe this to be the case. Trump in my opinion has done little so far. But I think he will get the credit if he does help the process of peace between the 2 nations and he should to an extent. But as of now this meeting is not because of anything trump did except accept the invite which came around because of S. Korean delegation. S Korea just want peace and safety. If this means giving all the credit to Trump, so be it.

Ok so why is Kim backing off then?

I tihnk this always what they (NK ladership) have always wanted. They want to emulate China.

People say Kim has been on a charm offensive against everyone as Japan has warned. I think South Korea has been doing a ot of charming of their own on the north.
I can't wait for the scenes when Trump and Kim Jong-Un in the Nobel Peace Prize :lol:

Still a lot of details to iron out before it happens but if it does, then great. At some point you have to talk to your enemy.
Reply 19
Original post by TheMagicRat
I can't wait for the scenes when Trump and Kim Jong-Un in the Nobel Peace Prize :lol:

Still a lot of details to iron out before it happens but if it does, then great. At some point you have to talk to your enemy.

I imagine 'talking' in this case to Trump firmly inserting his tongue up Kim's fundament?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending