Turn on thread page Beta

Exposure to throat gonorrhoea watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I am a gay man and I had sex last Sunday (4th March) and on Thursday (8th) he texted me saying he had received test results which showed positive for throat gonorrhoea. However, I can not get tested until next Wednesday.

I read online that it is extremely unlikely to spread gonorrhoea through kissing (so does this mean it is also unlikely to spread through rimming?) and therefore the only place I could have contracted it is on my genitals through him giving me oral sex?

Basically, I am wondering if I can do anything sexual before I get my results such as give oral sex or receive protected anal sex? (basically, anything not involving my penis) Or is this too risky or just a bad thing to do?

Tbh I think I know the answer I just wanted to know people's opinions, particularly anyone with expert knowledge or personal experiences on the matter.

Edit: Also would like to point out that I have had no symptoms and the guy barely gave me oral sex (of course there's still a chance I contracted it and symptoms can take longer to show up)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you've caught it, it's highly likely to be in your urethra. Unlike when it's in the throat, this usually comes with symptoms for men - 'feels like peeing broken glass' is the classic one.

So yes, you should be able to suck and bottom. Obviously it's quite likely that the partner will want to go down on you too, but you can decline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    If you've caught it, it's highly likely to be in your urethra. Unlike when it's in the throat, this usually comes with symptoms for men - 'feels like peeing broken glass' is the classic one.

So yes, you should be able to suck and bottom. Obviously it's quite likely that the partner will want to go down on you too, but you can decline.
    Thank you, he barely gave me oral at all but did a little so guess there's still a chance I caught it there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.