The Student Room Group

LSE admission process?

Original post by RAIFRA96
Good morning,
I am an Italian student and I will have my degree diploma this year in July. I have applied for the MSc of History of International Relations at LSE for next year. For the italian students they require a degree of 106/110 and with the grades I have now (which are those I have sent them in the transcript). I have a starting grade of 101-102/110 which is lower than the minimum they require. But I have 6 exams to do this semester because my University offers the opportunity to choose a lot of optional courses so as to raise the average and I decided to choose a large number of them in order to achieve their requirements. I will graduate with 220 credits instead of 180 which is the standard number of credits with which someones can graduate in Italy. I choose only optional courses on Historic topics so I think that it will be possible for me to graduate with 106/110 or better by the end of the year if I work hard. But I don't have the marks yet so the selectors will see only those I have now which are too low I asked to my referees to say that I am planning to achieve their requirements and I hope they will give me a chance. I did my personal statement as better as I could and I hope the selectors will take it into consideration. What does the LSE students (or those who knows someones) think about it? Do you know someone who entered at LSE in a similar situation than mine? Do you think that they will understand my situation and give me a chance?

It doesn't matter what others think and it's very unlikely that there will be someone in exactly the same position as you.

Have you applied already?

LSE admission process?

Good morning,
I am an Italian student and I will have my degree diploma this year in July. I have applied for the MSc of History of International Relations at LSE for next year. For the italian students they require a degree of 106/110 and with the grades I have now (which are those I have sent them in the transcript). I have a starting grade of 101-102/110 which is lower than the minimum they require. But I have 6 exams to do this semester because my University offers the opportunity to choose a lot of optional courses so as to raise the average and I decided to choose a large number of them in order to achieve their requirements. I will graduate with 220 credits instead of 180 which is the standard number of credits with which someones can graduate in Italy. I choose only optional courses on Historic topics so I think that it will be possible for me to graduate with 106/110 or better by the end of the year if I work hard. But I don't have the marks yet so the selectors will see only those I have now which are too low I asked to my referees to say that I am planning to achieve their requirements and I hope they will give me a chance. I did my personal statement as better as I could and I hope the selectors will take it into consideration. What does the LSE students (or those who knows someones) think about it? Do you know someone who entered at LSE in a similar situation than mine? Do you think that they will understand my situation and give me a chance?

It doesn't matter what others think and it's very unlikely that there will be someone in exactly the same position as you.

Have you applied already?
Reply 1
Yeah
Yeah

Well there's not much you can do about it now except wait and see and nothing anyone tells you on here will change the outcome. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending