Turn on thread page Beta

I hate Summer. Anyone else understand my pain watch

ReputationRep:
    Summer tends to be the months where everyone is happy. Whereas I have an extreme hatred of summer. When the summer months arrive everyone stops hibernating, they leave the house and have a never ending social life. My none existent social life doesn't change during the summer which makes me realise how sad my life actually is. Everyone who is attractive are suddenly even more attractive they look even better than they already did. When it comes to those unlucky few with terrible genetics and excess roles of flab our flaws are even more exposed thanks to the sun. Wearing black gives the illusion of looking slimmer but absorbs the suns rays making you even more warm which results in you becoming sweaty and even more unattractive. Then the joys of wearing multiple layers in hopes of hiding your roles. In winter we can cover up. Everyone looks somewhat unattractive in the cold. In the winter our social lives are expected to be put on hold. Anyone understand

ReputationRep:
    so you don't like summer because you hate seeing people go out and get excited/have fun about it , i don't have a "hot body" either and i still like going out and having some fun and chill with friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISmellLikeBeef69)
    Summer tends to be the months where everyone is happy. Whereas I have an extreme hatred of summer. When the summer months arrive everyone stops hibernating, they leave the house and have a never ending social life. My none existent social life doesn't change during the summer which makes me realise how sad my life actually is. Everyone who is attractive are suddenly even more attractive they look even better than they already did. When it comes to those unlucky few with terrible genetics and excess roles of flab our flaws are even more exposed thanks to the sun. Wearing black gives the illusion of looking slimmer but absorbs the suns rays making you even more warm which results in you becoming sweaty and even more unattractive. Then the joys of wearing multiple layers in hopes of hiding your roles. In winter we can cover up. Everyone looks somewhat unattractive in the cold. In the winter our social lives are expected to be put on hold. Anyone understand
    If you look around you on a hot day, half of the people in clothing which isn’t black and perhaps showing some skin have flab rolls, are probably sunburnt, and have sweat marks. They don’t care.
    I think rather than summer being the problem, you could try and tackle your self-confidence. I don’t know if you’re in education or have a full-time job, but there will be ways you can encourage yourself to interact with other people more often and overcome some of your fears. I have done so in the last two years whilst at university! Yes, there’s been some rough patches, some embarrassing and red-faced moments even when I shouldn’t have been embarrassed, but I’m a better person for it now.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    No, can’t relate. I got the body of a greek God, so I enjoy summer cause I’m always shirtless. But I also dislike it though because it gets too warm.

ReputationRep:
    Usually around 38C here during the summer. Way prefer winter.

One of the meds I'm on makes it difficult to regulate body temperature so in the summer I feel incredibly uncomfortable, whereas in winter I can put on extra layers.

ReputationRep:
    Fox Corner hates the sun
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I HATE the sun and it being hot. In summer it's too sweaty, warm, humid, and uncomfortable

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.