Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared of what will happen if I get bad GCSE grades, I literally have no idea what I'd do if it happened.
    I'm trying so hard to revise and get on top of stuff but I still have this crippling fear that I'm gonna fail or get a low grade.
    I have so much competition, my brother got good grades, my friends are all doing well in their mocks.
    I don't even think my parents will wanna look at me with C grades , it's stupid but I'm just so worried.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Sam4568)
    I'm so scared of what will happen if I get bad GCSE grades, I literally have no idea what I'd do if it happened.
    I'm trying so hard to revise and get on top of stuff but I still have this crippling fear that I'm gonna fail or get a low grade.
    I have so much competition, my brother got good grades, my friends are all doing well in their mocks.
    I don't even think my parents will wanna look at me with C grades , it's stupid but I'm just so worried.
    Its understandable, but the sky doesnt fall in if you do poorly.
    Worrying isnt very helpful and wont get you any more marks.

Be organised. have a good plan and consistently revise.

If you just try your best then that's all you can do.

Practice papers help you understand where you fall short ot how good you are and then you can improve.

No time for worry now, leave it till after the exams. Lots of students worry far too much an still do well. have a bit of confidence in the hard work you have put in and the effectiveness of your revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam4568)
    Try your best. I was told that from GCSEs till my degree and it’s all a person can really do. If your best isn’t as good as other peoples so what? GCSEs will not matter in years to come unless you want to do medicine at oxbridge or something like that. I didn’t get great results but I’m in my final year of my degree right now. It doesn’t hold you back as much as you think it does.
    Don’t compare your results to others, it’s not helpful and will only make you miserable. Concentrate on YOUR life and how YOU do, these people won’t be in your life forever.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't be scared. All you gave to do is revise, get sleep and believe in yourself. x

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.